• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    I have the oppertunity to trade my NIB gen 3 glock 19 with 2 mags for a NIB Sig p238 Equinox with one mag.

I am wondering is this a positive (money wise) trade to make and how much do you think?

Thanks.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Id say you will come out money ahead but not much. The Sig retails for $750. A Glock is a Glock is a Glock and can be had new for about $500.

Used market is huge with the Glock, Maybe not so much with the 238.

I think you could sell the Glock out right to someone for $400 tonight if you wanted.

The 238 you could probably get a little more for but it would also probably take longer.

Also I wouldnt trade a 9mm for a .380 any day, but thats me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Depends on what you want. The Sig certainly goes for more $ new, but I would not trade just because one may go for more than the other.

You said NIB, meaning never fired?

If it has been fired, does your Gen 3 19 run properly? (No brass to the face?) If so that is a hot property currently, and I'd be looking to keep it.

What purpose does the gun serve for you? Which one would serve the purpose better?

Last edited:

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I'm gonna put in a plug for the P238. I have a two-tone and love it. It's so easy to conceal in a rear pocket holster and the +P .380 hollow points are pretty decent these days. I also carry it more because of the size. The extended 7-round mag with the pinky rest is perfect. Granted, I'm also not a striker-fire fan. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I like the P238 and would like to have one. I've learned from experience that if you want a gun, just save up and get it. Don't trade a gun because you will more than likely regret the decision. Ask yourself this, will you be able to defend your life with the Glock between now ant the time it takes you to save up for the Sig P238? Can you not carry your Glock everyday because of your job and the smaller platform will allow you to do so? If the P238 just a want and not a need and you are not willing to save for it, do you REALLY want it?

Just my two cents.

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    Thanks for the imput everyone. I am going to keep the G19.

Midwest put the p238 Equinox with laser on sale for $499 so I may do that instead.

But I think if I am smart I'll wait till I find a deal on a 938.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks for the imput everyone. I am going to keep the G19.

Midwest put the p238 Equinox with laser on sale for $499 so I may do that instead.

But I think if I am smart I'll wait till I find a deal on a 938.

Hard to beat a G19, I carry mine a lot. I think you're making the right choice in keeping the Glock and saving for the Sig. I've looked at them before and they're nice, I just don't do .380.

Top Bottom