• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k2ace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have only ever bought quality guns until about a year ago when I picked up a couple cheap guns I really didn't need, just helping a friend that needed some quick cash. I started taking them to the range with me a have since learned they seem to be really good training guns. The constantly jam and fail. What I have found is I'm much better prepared and can clear/resolve failure issue much quicker.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    That's awesome that you are taking the glass is half full approach with those guns. Hopefully you never have to use the skills you have acquired with them but it should be comforting to know you can do it if you need to.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Snap caps work well too, and they're cheaper than any Saturday Night special, plus you get to practice with the firearms you actually carry.

I do know where you're coming from though. I had a LC9 (not that it is a crappy gun by any stretch) but practicing with its trigger has made me a far better shooter with my other pistols.

k2ace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I get plenty of practice with my carry guns. Just didnt get to practice recovery from the stuff that can go wrong like feed/eject failures since my carry guns don't fail.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Pro mags (or whatever cheap junk mags you can find) are actually really cool for this. You get unpredictable, realistic jams.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I get plenty of practice with my carry guns. Just didnt get to practice recovery from the stuff that can go wrong like feed/eject failures since my carry guns don't fail.

I didn't meant to say that you didn't get practice with your carry guns. A lot of people... myself included will randomly put snap caps into their magazines so that it creates a fail to fire situation. Have a buddy do it or if you're by yourself, just load two or more mags with snap caps in different places and mix 'em up until you don't know which is which. Then you won't know when it's coming.

k2ace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I didn't meant to say that you didn't get practice with your carry guns. A lot of people... myself included will randomly put snap caps into their magazines so that it creates a fail to fire situation. Have a buddy do it or if you're by yourself, just load two or more mags with snap caps in different places and mix 'em up until you don't know which is which. Then you won't know when it's coming.

Ah, never thought that.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Odd, I have purchased Jennings and Davis handguns (and many old military ones). Some were not reliable as purchased, but after breaking in, polishing, tweaking, and reworking of some mags, I do not think any will fail to feed, or fail to fire every round in every clip. I always fire many rounds to insure the "fixes" are permanent. Granted some are more selective about ammo, and are less accurate then my good quality guns - but all work well.

Top Bottom