• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySKS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    LaPorte
    Have had my lifetime for a year or so now. Had it laminated but I know that won't last long. Any other ways you have used to preserve/protect it?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Have had my lifetime for a year or so now. Had it laminated but I know that won't last long. Any other ways you have used to preserve/protect it?

Lamination is about the best way I know of to protect it. Maybe you could find a plastic ID sleeve that would protect it a little longer? Most here would suggest also that you get copies made of it. At least that way you'll always have spares if that one gets worn out.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Considering my carry permit never leaves it's area, all of my laminated copies look nearly new, even the one in my wallet.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Spare copies and good quality lamination.

And use something else to jimmy open locked doors! :D

Kryptonite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE Indiana
    As with all important documents, send a package of copies to one or more trusted friends or relatives who live in a different geography than you, for safekeeping.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    When I laminated it I put a business card behind it to add some "meat". Also I now keep my DL and LTCH in a baseball card holder. (I use a money clip, no wallet)

something like this:
    232 plastic regular size one card holders! baseball - eBay (item 300372451425 end time Dec-06-09 16:10:17 PST)

any card shop or perhaps a hobby shop would have them for a couple bucks for about 25 of them.

That's the type that I'm looking for to protect my license. Good suggestion.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Keep the original in a manila envelope and keep it with your other important documents. For the copy, I used poor man's lamination, packing tape! I would be surprised if it doesn't last ten years, but if it doesn't who cares.:dunno:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Kinko's sells a "luggage tag business card holder", which ends up being about 1/2 the thickness of a typical credit card.

Copy your LTCH, reduce it to 90% or thereabouts.

Stick your LTCH in the sleeve, run it through the lamination machine, then trim it to fit your wallet.

Mine shows no wear whatsoever after carrying for nearly three years. The corners are even still sharp.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    scan the original, email it as an attachment to yourself and spouse/friend etc...you'll always have access to it from anywhere. the only thing you'll need is pink copy paper.

Top Bottom