www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No Guns/No Money

Why a generous tip? The tiny sign behind the bar was not what got you in trouble, it was your waitress getting her panties in a twist because she saw a scary gun. She didn't want the gun in her sight, she shouldn't be rewarded for running to the kitchen to tattle tail.

Not saying you should tip her zero, but certainly not generous. Compute the tip, round down, maybe let her know why.

The way I read it, the GUY noticed the weapon, not the waitress. If she was oblivious and didnt say anything, I dont see why she should be penalized.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    ...I had lunch there today. Was OCing, after I took my coat off. Sat down. Waitress took the order. Later on, a male employee from the kitchen brings the order out. Asks me if I am an officer. I say no. He says you can't have a gun in here...

Quietly say, "It's OK, I'm a doctor"

:rolleyes: Pappy

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Only been once. Thought their food was far better than your average theme bar. Never noticed the sign, but once again, I've switched fully to CC.

If a place has good food, I'm going to continue to go. If they have what I need while shopping, I'm going to shop there. That's that. As much as it hurts, you're not going to change any corporate minds, so why make it tougher on yourself?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The way I read it, the GUY noticed the weapon, not the waitress. If she was oblivious and didnt say anything, I dont see why she should be penalized.
    I read it that she saw the weapon but was too timid to call the OC guy out and made the kitchen Guy do it. Maybe it was the guy that got panty twisted.

If she didn't notice or didn't give a crap I agree, don't penalize her.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    When I first read through, I thought maybe the waitress had notified someone and that is why the guy came out from the kitchen. Reading it again, I saw that the guy brought the food out from the kitchen. The OP didn't mention how busy the waitress or the restaurant was leaving me with two scenarios. The first is that due to being really busy, the kitchen guy brought out the food and noticed the gun. The second is that the waitress saw the gun and asked the kitchen guy to deliver the food and the notice that guns were not allowed. Either way, the kitchen guy was just doing his job. The OP should have asked for a manager and gave them the speech about losing business and where to post the sign.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Excuse me, when was the last time kitchen help delivered your meal instead of your waitress? think about it.

I would have left Immediately.

By the way kid charge that meal to the idiot who made that policy, have a terrible day. I'll let my friends know not to come here either.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Now that we're discussing whose panties got wadded; is it normal for the kitchen guy to deliver the food? If so that gives some credence to the wadee being the guy, if KG delivering food isn't the norm it was potentially the waitress but not 100%. It might have been another employee.

Bottom line is it shouldn't have mattered, I personally would have told kitchen guy, thank you very much, please enjoy my meal as I'm leaving. Yes they "might" be able to make trouble for you for refusing to pay for a meal but seriously doubt that will go very far. I've never been told I couldn't have my sidearm with me at any establishment regardless of any signs or policies they may have but when that day comes I will get up and walk out. Done deal!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yeah, I wouldn't have had that problem because I always CC....

A couple of other things. Agree with Femurphy, I would have told them fine, cancel my meal as I am leaving.
    Next, why would I not want to carry in a bar with all the potentially violent drunks. I would want to be armed more in there than in a restaurant.

How simply it is not to be cast out and miss the fun of maybe a great meal or evening buy simply covering Rosco up.
    If you put a topic in the forefront, you should be prepared to have it in the forefront.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How simply it is not to be cast out and miss the fun of maybe a great meal or evening buy simply covering Rosco up.
    If you put a topic in the forefront, you should be prepared to have it in the forefront.

Yes. Anything, any trait, form of dress, hair style or color, too many tattoos/not enough tattoos, any thing about you or your dining companions that stands out as "not normal" or the owner finds offensive or simply just not like should be grounds for refusal of service. That would epitomize maximum property rights. And I'd be OK with that.

But that's not the country in which we live. Instead, we live in a country where emotions and feelings establish that certain groups of people shall not be subject to your whims of exercising your rights. Unfortunately, people that choose to exercise one of the original "civil rights" are not in the list. In my opinion, if we're now going to extend special protections to those based on with whom they prefer to have sex (in a very limited approved manner) or wish to be identified as something they're not, we should also include people that choose to exercise an explicit Constitutional right.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The other topics are irrelevant to me, carrying firearms openly has been a warm topic for generations and generations in this country. It will always be a warm topic in this country. Simply put, if it was covered most if not all issues with carrying would never come to the business and public eye.

Personally I really could care less about how a person carries a firearm.
    Really myself could care less.

But I will admit, sometimes when I see someone OC'ing in a obliviously intimating way, it does make me wonder, does that person truly understand he is doing more damage to the cause than helping.
    I've always felt that carrying a firearm also come with the responsibility of being a sound responsable adult, and I believe being a responsable carrier of a firearm doesn't include making most others in public uncomfortable with the way I carry.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

What???? :n00b:Stand up for the consequences of my actions?????:nuts: I'm Shocked! Shocked I tell you to find out that logical thinking is going on in here!!!!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ive driven past that place hundreds of times, from the parking lot I think it is more of a bar than a restaurant. I ate there twice and was less than impressed, now I have one more reason not to go back there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The other topics are irrelevant to me, carrying firearms openly has been a warm topic for generations and generations in this country. It will always be a warm topic in this country. Simply put, if it was covered most if not all issues with carrying would never come to the business and public eye.

Personally I really could care less about how a person carries a firearm.
    Really myself could care less.

But I will admit, sometimes when I see someone OC'ing in a obliviously intimating way, it does make me wonder, does that person truly understand he is doing more damage to the cause than helping.
    I've always felt that carrying a firearm also come with the responsibility of being a sound responsable adult, and I believe being a responsable carrier of a firearm doesn't include making most others in public uncomfortable with the way I carry.

A rare moment of clarity from 17 Squirrel, lol

Kut (must write this down in his calendar)

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Been there twice. It does seem like more of a bar than a restaurant. Aside from the bar area, there isn't much of a dining room, more like a large entryway with a few tables. Not my kind of place so probably won't be back.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I thought the food was pretty crappy the one time I went in there. Never went back because the food wasn't good enough. Never saw the No Guns sign.

But now there is no way I will go back.

I also went once to see what the fuss was all about. Both service and food sucked and have not been back.

No way will ever go back now. Agree with the no guns no money.

Top Bottom