• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    when i do new homes for builders the builder lets the new owner register it.......very simple go online or call them with model and serial numbers...

My point was/is that ONLY works if that is effectively communicated by all parties AND if, in the process of all the other stressful events of building a home, the homeowner manages to remember that it needs to be done. Why not just make it simple, if they believe their product is worthy of a 10 year warranty then make it ten years with no catches or fine print. If it gets registered properly the clock starts at day of installation, if it's not registered the clock started at the day of manufacture.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    . If it gets registered properly the clock starts at day of installation, if it's not registered the clock started at the day of manufacture.

this is how it works......

but if not registered within 60 days of compilation of job or when the home owner take possession it goes to 5 years......

this takes the install company out of the loop and puts you straight to Goodman....

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    True to a point.
    Truth is many of these units are a compilation of low bid outsourced parts. Made in God knows where and bought in truck loads.
    Every manf. does this now to keep costs in line. Some still build the coils and cabinets. Bend up the tubing in the production process.
    You can get a turd from any one.
    My stepping away from Goodman was a result of 3 units in a row being poorly built, looked and felt cheap in the cabinets and finished product. Warr. issues were coming up that were no fault of the install. I do not mind having to go back and tweak a system after it is on line. But multiple returns due to the manf. are just not in the cards. Put junk in the box for me to install and i will stop buying the product.

The point is, it's still true.

Every manufacture has problems from time to time. So the installer is still more important.

Top Bottom