• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are these "actual" members or some type of "news feeds" from those org that are always on INGO?

I notice their names whenever I log on and see who is online as well.
    Thanks

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    they are bots..when ever you ask google,jeeves..etc etc a question they send bots out to find what your lookin for:D
    someone googles guns..or guns in IN chances are this site will get a hit and what you see is this site being searched by the man ;)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Minor correction: The search bots are crawling INGO all the time. They don't go looking through INGO after you enter a search; they've already crawled the site and indexed it in their databases.

INGO has some pretty good cred with search engines. It's amazing to me how quickly new posts are searchable on Google.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Minor correction: The search bots are crawling INGO all the time. They don't go looking through INGO after you enter a search; they've already crawled the site and indexed it in their databases.

INGO has some pretty good cred with search engines. It's amazing to me how quickly new posts are searchable on Google.
    This is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) at its finest.

* There is always new content. The site has about 1500 (or more!) new posts a day.
    * The web address for each thread includes the title of the thread, which helps increase the page's relevancy.
    * The thread in question usually has several key words that are repeated frequently and are related to the title of the page.
    * Fenway has done a great job of getting reciprocal links. Not only does he have several, they are generally high profile and they relate back to the content on this site.
    * The site gets thousands of hits a day.

Search engines change their algorithms pretty regularly to keep people from gaming the system (remember when websites used to "hide" key words in the text of the page by making the font size small and the same color as the background?), but some things never change.

Top Bottom