• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Answering your question------45 min it takes my wife's blood sugar to DROP. Glucometer tested after 2 shots of tequila.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I really was asking about sugary drinks, not particularly alcohol, but thanks for the info. I'm wondering when I do glucose challenge testing in the ED how long I have to wait to retest. Looks like 30min and 60min is probably good.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I think our protocol says to recheck after 15-30 min. Can't remember off the top of my head though and it differs whether it's IVP or PO. Usually dealing with far more hyperglycemia though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    not for Hoosiers! We ain't got time for the -ly

Well, I am a transplant. :D

It's easier to learn to speak and write Hoosier than Mississippian. There Instead of "however", it's ever how: Y'all can say it ever how Y'all want. Another was "tow up". My first day at work some woman told me the machine she was working on was all tow up. I got that she meant "tore up", and I expected it to be completely wrecked. It just needed one of the techs to tweak it a bit.

Every area has it's little quirks of speech. Ever hear a native central Michigander speak? That's a treat. But I hate hearing Colorado transplants from California speak. It's painful. The amalgamation of both dialects seem like their own language.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Regional dialects indeed. One o' me mates at university (so to speak) was a transplant from somewhere in the South. We ragged him incessantly for using the term "y'all", particularly since he didn't have the accent. Turns out, he'd been a transplant to the South from California, and after having been incessantly ragged by the southerners for use of the term "you guys" (there was some doubt expressed as to his sexual orientation (remember this was a long time ago) which was somewhat fearsome at the time) and had therefore burned the term "y'all" into his brain. We just called him "Biffy" for some reason. I can't remember why.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've got some Kentucky relatives who run "at all" into one word. "If i-tweren't for thuh GPS, I wouldn't ever have got heah at'all." Sounds like the word atoll.

Top Bottom