Google is now censoring firearms-relating shopping results.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    ugh! Bing Shopping SUCKS by comparison. GS was returning 15 merchants yesterday for my upcoming M&P 15 purchase (pause for your jealousy :)). Bing Shopping only returns one for the 30-round mag model and the results are so scattered and disorganized. Like all Bing searches.

I'm getting it from a local dealer this weekend so it doesn't matter for this purchase but it is a stable comparison.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Untrue! I just went to google clicked the shopping tab. Typed in glock and what do you know a glock 19 gen 4 $557?!?! Typed in Smith & Wesson what came up.....sigma. eBay made it public when they stopped gun related sales. They wanted publicity. DOnt you think google would have done the same since they are a publicly traded company?

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You must be at internet level: expert, because I can't seem to get it to work.

picture.php

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    You must be at internet level: expert, because I can't seem to get it to work.

picture.php
    Don't worry, Google says it is not supposed to work. Probably people hitting different servers and eventually they will all be updated to the newer format where firearm listings will not be present.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    This is the message i just sent them, let's see if i get a response.

Why did anything firearm/ammunition go off line, and can no longer look these items up? Please email if this is fixed, as i won't use google as my search engine if it only works for some things. My email is xxxxx@xxxxx.com please let me know if this is fixed so i can change my settings back to google as my default.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It is NOT :bs:

BUT... If you add "airsoft" to your search, you can still find what you are looking for.

I typed "Glock" into the Shopping search and got nothing...
    I typed "Glock airsoft" and I got airsofts... AND...

Real Glocks
    Recoil springs
    Slide stop levers
    firing pins
    back straps
    magazines
    trigger bars

It can be fooled.

censoredw.jpg

tricked.jpg

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    i use Chrome and i get no blocks.....you must have something else goin' on:dunno:

Same here--I use Chrome exclusively and no problems bringing up anything I searched for. Switch and if Google shopping loses enough hits they might rethink their stupid policy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is really odd. I get results from Chrome but not IE on the same computer. I also get results from Safari on my iPad.

So, Firefox and IE are at the root?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It must have something to do with search history or your cookie on the browser. I just tried Chrome with an Incognito Window and got no results.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Not going to bother me didn't even know there was a Google Shopping. Huh Google stuff all the time and just learned something new that is completely unless. SWEET!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom