• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The dems are going to lose. According to Scott Rasmussen, the gop isn't going to win some victory, the dems are just going to lose. I happen to think he's right, in this case. Folks are fed up with the dems, but they're not enamoured of the reps, either. It's just that, in many cases, they only have a limited choice on their ballots and the republicrats offer something different, (even tho I doubt if they'll do anything substantially different than they did the last time they were in power). The gop shouldn't see what happens today as an affirmation of their agenda. What Americans want is significantly less government and bottom of the barrel spending. They'd also like to see an end to the wars, but it's unlikely that any of that will happen.

Scott Rasmussen: A Vote Against Dems, Not for the GOP - WSJ.com

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    GOP = Dems = giant corrupt political machine.

I have never been LESS enthused about voting in my life. I fully believe whoever we vote for will be just as corrupt, useless, and self serving as the incumbents.

The republicans brand of spending and upsizing government is no different than the dems, they just appeal to a different group of people.

Our government is quite simply a broken system, and pouring new oil into a engine that has thrown a rod simply isnt going to magically fix it, no matter how much the candidates promise this very thing.

The TRUE change, will only come after the current system breaks down, and reboots.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is so true! In our local sheriffs race I called somebody that works for the SD and asked him which candidate was most qualified/which one is he supporting? His response was "Vote Against X"! There are only two candidates so what does that say for the choices? Today there will be a lot of voting against "X". The shame of it all is all of those people out there that feel that "Z" is a better choice than "X" or "Y" but they don't want to vote for "Z" and "waste" their vote because "Z" doesn't stand a chance and they don't want to vote for the loser.

Personally I feel that if that is they way you think then YOU are the loser!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Unless you're voting for yourself you will always vote for the lessor of evils. You just may not conciencely recognize it.

No one that is running on any ticket today is 100% representative of my views. I have to weigh, balance, and select a candidate based on who most matches the things that are most important to me, knowing I will vote for someone who doesn't support my position on other things, so of which may also be important to me.

Party is important, and claiming is isn't is to show ignorance of the political process. Take Baron Hill. He talks a good game as a "Blue Dog" democrat, but how often in the past four years did he vote for the far left wing liberal agenda? Replace him with Mike Sodrel, and the outcome is different.

Republicans and Democrats are cut from the same cloth. One wants welfare for the masses, the other for industry. But it will be that way no matter who is elected. You have to remember that anyone who seeks and elected office as a legislator or executive wants to tell you what to do. There are varying degrees, but it is always about control. I am satisfied when there is a split in party between the Congress and President. Then and only then is there some semblence of balance.

So vote for whom you think will best represent you today. It is totally cool that Americans can revolt every two years without ever picking up a weapon. If nothing else that defines American Exceptionalism.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    In Bartholomew County there where several seats with only one candidate. Maybe I should throw my hat in the ring in a couple years?

Go for it. There should never be an uncontested election. The winner of any public office should not be "default".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I voted today which is not unusual for me.

I did not vote for every Republican on the ballot which is something I never thought I would do. I voted for zero Democrats.

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Either way...

I did both...voted for some folks and also against some folks. Pretty good turn out from what I saw which probably doesn't bode well for most incumbants.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Unless you're voting for yourself you will always vote for the lessor of evils.

No one that is running on any ticket today is 100% representative of my views. I have to weigh, balance, and select a candidate based on who most matches the things that are most important to me, knowing I will vote for someone who doesn't support my position on other things, so of which may also be important to me.

Party is important, and claiming is isn't is to show ignorance of the political process. Take Baron Hill. He talks a good game as a "Blue Dog" democrat, but how often in the past four years did he vote for the far left wing liberal agenda? Replace him with Mike Sodrel, and the outcome is different.

Republicans and Democrats are cut from the same cloth. One wants welfare for the masses, the other for industry. But it will be that way no matter who is elected. You have to remember that anyone who seeks and elected office as a legislator or executive wants to tell you what to do. There are varying degrees, but it is always about control. I am satisfied when there is a split in party between the Congress and President. Then and only then is there some semblence of balance.

So vote for whom you think will best represent you today. It is totally cool that Americans can revolt every two years without ever picking up a weapon. If nothing else that defines American Exceptionalism.

Exactly how I feel. Also, I had to vote for a Senate candidate that I know will lose. Now we will have 2 Lugars, that makes me feel worse then Bayh and Lugar. I can only hope that coats will vote against the path Obama wants to take us on.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I voted about 10:30 this morning, turnout appeared to be very light. I voted for one libertarian (guess who). I even voted for a democrat, but he was unopposed so it wasn't so bad.

Top Bottom