• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Besides, as I've said when you and I have gone 'round about this, my issues with the NRA are not really about what they've done publicly. It is no more virtue signaling than trumpeting that you support the biggest elephant in the herd because fealty demands it. ;)

I am, if anything, very feal.

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    So does anyone think this change things for people that are 18-20yo with a LTCH? Will not make it where we can carry in every state too? Or will not still be 21 and over for most places?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So does anyone think this change things for people that are 18-20yo with a LTCH? Will not make it where we can carry in every state too? Or will not still be 21 and over for most places?
    That's a great question.

Will probably need to be clarified in the statute or ultimately litigated (or both).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

It doesn't really matter what any state wants to do, the federal government was created to tell the states what they are allowed to do.

Fed says 'jump', states ask 'how high'?

Get it?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

That's a great question.

Will probably need to be clarified in the statute or ultimately litigated (or both).

Agree it is a valid question -

I hope the Feds DO NOT address it in the statute -
    I think it should simply acknowledge that the licenses of one state must be recognize by all the others. The end.

The 21 vs 18 is due to other federal infringements that should also be removed. Separately.
    Most states based on this have adopted the 21 y.o. limit. (garbage IMO)

But the last thing I want is the feds setting some sort of standards - thats the peak of a different slippery slope.

The only things I hope US HR 38 incluedes are 1) national recognition of all exist LTCH/CCW/CCP (regardless of teminology) per state laws
    and MAYBE 2) "shall issue" for all states and DC

and even #2 is over the line really or "right on the line" ...if applied to the states - DC they could "make it so"

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I have a feeling this legislation, in some form, will pass. My concern is, however, that it will only be temporary. Our government has, historically, worked on a timeline where one party gains complete control of the executive and legislative branches and then slowly loses all of them over the course of 8-12 years. This means that within 8-12 years the wacko liberals will again be in complete control and I see this law as one of the first things they will repeal. It'll be nice while it's in place though.

Another thing I would like to see passed is the right to carry in your vehicle in all states (and DC), with the only exception being if you are not allowed to have a gun (due to felony, etc). This would apply for everyone, even those with no permits/licenses. This alone would solve most of the issue of people crossing states lines and getting a felony. The restrictions for people this would not apply to would be on the federal level, not state. So if the law says it's valid for everyone 18+, a state can't say you have to be 21 and so forth.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Carrying is one thing, using is another very different thing. So what if a person can carry in NY or IL (for example) - if faced with using a firearm for self-defense, they will still be subject to local laws regarding things like castle doctrine, duty to retreat, etc., and the whims of the local prosecutor. I wouldn't want to be the test case in LA, NYC, or Chicago; would you? I'd love to be able to carry everywhere, but if I can't effectively protect myself, then merely being able to carry is pretty useless.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom