• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Got this from a long time friend (before farcebook) in Florida who stated the pic was recently posted to a facebook account of someone north of Goshen.

Is it legit and has anyone near that area heard anything on this?

addendum: Ooops....never mind, it's a hoax.

Attachments

• Goshen.jpg
      Goshen.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 45
    Last edited:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    From farcebook and supposedly taken Sunday? in the marshes just NE of Elkhart.

Purportedly a large cat...if it didn't have that curl to the tail I'd say it could just as easily be a large dog.

ufo.jpg

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I'm in Goshen & haven't heard of this...

I listened to an Audible book last year "Heart of a Lion" about transient Mountain Lions.
    It talked about a lion being hit & killed in Connecticut that based on DNA was believed to originated from the Black Hills of South Dakota.
    I wouldn't say a lion passing through northern IN isn't possible.
    I mean Michigan City had a black bear not to long ago.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On the Goshen one, it made the rounds up here but the originally poster said a friend sent it to him but he was then told it was actually taken in Canada IIRC.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It happens. Many years ago ol' Pop witnessed one travelling across the farm. I had no end of fun implying he was crazy\senile. However, several other people saw it and called it in, from southern Blackford county gradually southeast to Spartanburg, in southeast Randolph county. There it was "officially" sighted by a deputy, and dropped off the radar.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    many people mistake coyote for lion. Had a friend swear over and over they saw a mountain lion in his back field. We went and looked and found its tracks. You could clearly see the toenails. But i also had people tell me they saw one and know what it was. Even a UPS driver here in the NW saw it. You used to be able to go to wolf lake animal swap meet every spring and buy a mountain lion kitten for 150 bucks. They are cute. But they turn into a lion. They have the canines pulled and the paws declawed. Then turn it loose in the "forest". Not a rare thing there.

Top Bottom