• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Took the kids to park to play and some mom wants to try to gossip. She decided to say, "I can't believe there is a mom here with a gun, how could she put these kids in harms way!"
    I told her, "She has every right to carry a handgun for protection if she has a carry license, there is nothing wrong with protecting yourself and your kids. She is no more putting her or your or my kids in danger as I am carrying mine. There is no reason to make yourself a victim when you can protect those around you. This Park is not a gun free zone and she is 100% within the law to carry a gun, you should not judge her or anyone else "
    She decided to gasp and say, "Come on kids were going home we can't be here right now."
    I had to a good laugh and another dad with his kids just busted out laughing. It was a great day.

MuddyINGOGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Demotte, IN
    b1e9d31b6404318befd9a6a7099f3fd8.jpg

:) I sometimes wonder how I will respond to that situation when I have kids- I like your answer.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My reply would have been "So you have no way of defending youself or your kids if someone wanted to forcefully take you to a white van around the corner? I'll remember that and the fact the other lady is armed. I'll stay away from her."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    shoulda told her EVERYWHERE she goes someone is armed. And it hasn't affected her yet.

that would have been perfect.

Was dropping off some checks at the Legion (I'm Finance Officer) and OCing my S&W model 19.
    One of the ladies said, "Really? Why do you feel you need to carry that?".
    I told her I've been carrying a gun there for 20 years and she never had a problem. Why now?
    And I have to carry the cash deposits to the bank.

"Really?", she asked.

Bartender tells her, "This is an American Legion".
    Then half a dozen customers said they were carrying.
    Took her a while to realize all that time it never bothered her.

Then the Bar Manager has been making the deposits. Said one of the cashiers was asking about me.
    Another cashier said, "Who?"
    and the first cashier told her, "He's the one with the big gun."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    That is awesome! I can only imagine her conversation with her husband that night...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My reply would have been "So you have no way of defending youself or your kids if someone wanted to forcefully take you to a white van around the corner? I'll remember that and the fact the other lady is armed. I'll stay away from her."
    She'd have dropped dead of an aneurysm right there on the spot :faint: and you'd be up on manslaughter charges.

I heard some credible gossip that the lifetime LTCH is going away too.
    :blahblah:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Took the kids to park to play and some mom wants to try to gossip. She decided to say, "I can't believe there is a mom here with a gun, how could she put these kids in harms way!"
    I told her, "She has every right to carry a handgun for protection if she has a carry license, there is nothing wrong with protecting yourself and your kids. She is no more putting her or your or my kids in danger as I am carrying mine. There is no reason to make yourself a victim when you can protect those around you. This Park is not a gun free zone and she is 100% within the law to carry a gun, you should not judge her or anyone else "
    She decided to gasp and say, "Come on kids were going home we can't be here right now."
    I had to a good laugh and another dad with his kids just busted out laughing. It was a great day.

Only way that could ever be better is if her name was Shannon.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    She'd have dropped dead of an aneurysm right there on the spot :faint: and you'd be up on manslaughter charges.

I would just be stating a possibility. Maybe she would think harder about defending herself and her kids if this actually happened.
    Probably not but it would be worth a try.

Top Bottom