• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Donnelly sent me a letter by email. I'm tired of BS, I could smell it when I turned on my computer. Here it is;

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about S. 649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013. As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut, and it is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again.
    Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern, throughout this debate, was not with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.
    We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress begins reexamining gun laws only when someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit mass murder.
    To that end, I supported the Manchin-Toomey amendment to improve the background check system, and to prevent terrorists, criminals, and the mentally ill from jeopardizing the rights of law-abiding citizens. This amendment would require instant background checks for sales made at gun shows or over the Internet, but would ensure that parents, friends, and neighbors could engage in private transfers just as they do now. In addition, the amendment reaffirmed current federal law that no information obtained in a background check could be used to establish a federal registry of firearms.
    As you may know, the Manchin-Toomey amendment did not pass the Senate and the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act was pulled from consideration. As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.
    sig_footer.png

Like that part about no registry. Ask Missouri how it's working.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Yes I will, I have before. It's a form letter I know, but I'll reply. I have to keep replying for 5 more years, I don't want him to think I've forgotten.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Joe Donnelly 2a hole

Almost the same letter I got. This guy is a leaking diaper load. Who ever voted for him needs to stand in a corner after they get a good old fashioned pants down ass whippin. Stupid Joe stupider Richard dance on my "richard" Mourdock. How do people like this get elected anyway how does this happen? Is our dumbed down society this frigging dumb and we just keep voting them in. Wacko Birds thats it buy a shotgun don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine - you read magazines rite. I'm going to bed. cheese and rice. :xmad::xmad::xmad: :rockwoot:

Top Bottom