• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Picked it up at Acme Sports in Seymour. Excellent to deal with! Took it to Atterbury and ran a box of Federal AE's through it. Awesome! Feels great! Pretty cool that it comes standard with a 17 round spare mag along with the compact 10 rounder. :rockwoot:

IMG_20100911_190140.jpg

IMG_20100911_185903.jpg

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Nice Work! I've looked hard at the SR9 and the SR9c. But was skeptical. Keep us posted on the likes / dislikes. As time progresses, I may end up w/ one. I really like the thin feel of the weapon. It fit nice in my hand.

I hope you put it through its test, and report back.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I'll put up a report after I get a few hundred rounds down range. I didn't have much time today. I can tell you right now that the trigger is pretty nice. Very natural point. Points very similar to my M&P 40.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I have two of the OD green "full size" SR9's, mine and my son's. Could not be happier with them. Neither one of us have had any problems, they will feed anything we've put in them. They do seem to be more accurate with 115 gr. ammo compared to 124 gr. though.

Neither of us would trade them for anything else. Enjoy!:yesway:

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    totally jealous! i'm currently bidding on a s/s sr9c on gunbroker. If you don't mind me asking.....what did you pay for it? did they have any more in stock? in stainless or blued? i got a serious jones for one of these.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    totally jealous! i'm currently bidding on a s/s sr9c on gunbroker. If you don't mind me asking.....what did you pay for it? did they have any more in stock? in stainless or blued? i got a serious jones for one of these.

Acme has them for $419+Tax for black or bi-tone. I believe I got the last bi-tone. They had a black one left in the display case. I've seen them as high as $469 elsewhere in my area.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

I know where there's a shop that has one for $475 out-the-door on consignment, with FOUR magazines (which actually does make it a pretty good deal) OD green and black. It's a full-size though, not the compact. Been eyeballing it pretty hard myself, just not ready to take the plastic plunge yet...

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Congratulations on your purchase, you will enjoy shooting the pistol very much. If by chance you begin to have light primer strikes, do not panic, all you need to do is clean out the striker and its channel. On the Ruger website, under videos, and SR9, it will guide you how to do it.

It is very concealable, and light weight for all day carry. Enjoy!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Why would you want to remove/disable the magazine disconnect? Isn't that a safety feature?

This is why. With the magazine disconnect installed. If, the magazine drops, the gun will not fire. So, if you are in a self defense situation, and somehow the mag drops. You can not fire the gun. That one shot, may give you time to grab the mag, or get to cover etc. That's why I hate them. It's, a stupid safety feature, for a carry gun in my opinion.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Does that include dry firing? Because I just racked my unloaded sr9 with no magazine in it and dry fired it just fine.

The bottom of page 17 of my owner's manual states: "CAUTION: Dry firing your Ruger SR9c with the magazine removed may result in damage or unnecessary wear to the magazine disconnect mechanism" So it must be designed to allow it to be fired without a mag as long as a round is not in the chamber. My M&P will not allow you to do this.

Top Bottom