• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks to 686 Shooter I traded a my old stainless 8 3/8 S&W 29-2 for a nickel 4 inch 29-2 lol. Hes a great guy and knows his smiths much more than I do. I love it except I miss my old coco-bola grips. Maybe If I suck up to him I might get em back lol but Thats ok Maybe Ill just find myself a new set That Ill like. I cant wait to blast something with this beast. If I can figure out how to work that dang Itrader thing Ill give him some positive feedback. I know my backdrop sucks but this was a spur of the moment picture.

How about steering me into the direction of some good looking and feeling grips. Its a square butt. I want larger wood grips without finger grooves. I have big hands. something close to the old factory Target grips and its gotta come with a grip screw.

r0s1u8.jpg

Last edited:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I always take any handguns I want grips for to a 1500 show. You will find about anything you could want there. Most of the dealers will let you put their grips on your gun so you can see how they feel and point for you. There are dealers there who specialize in grips, but others who only have one or a dozen or more pairs to sell. The dealers who are not in the grip business will sell theirs cheaper. Educate yourself about some of the better custom grip makers and you might be able to pick up a pair of $100 grips for $10. I have many times.
    It looks like your .44 is a round butt. There are many styles out there that will fit yours,
    that will convert it to a square butt profile. Mine is like that. Get rubber or smooth wood. Your 4 inch barrel will rotate upward in a pretty nasty way with full house loads. Much harder on the wrists than a longer barrel. DO NOT GET CHECKERED ONES! Newer sharp checkering will literally remove skin from your hand when firing a 4 incher with hot loads. I know!
    This is what I have on mine. They look nice and are very comfortable, being really smooth....John
    model29-1.jpg

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I always take any handguns I want grips for to a 1500 show. You will find about anything you could want there. Most of the dealers will let you put their grips on your gun so you can see how they feel and point for you. There are dealers there who specialize in grips, but others who only have one or a dozen or more pairs to sell. The dealers who are not in the grip business will sell theirs cheaper. Educate yourself about some of the better custom grip makers and you might be able to pick up a pair of $100 grips for $10. I have many times.
    It looks like your .44 is a round butt. There are many styles out there that will fit yours,
    that will convert it to a square butt profile. Mine is like that. Get rubber or smooth wood. Your 4 inch barrel will rotate upward in a pretty nasty way with full house loads. Much harder on the wrists than a longer barrel. DO NOT GET CHECKERED ONES! Newer sharp checkering will literally remove skin from your hand when firing a 4 incher with hot loads. I know!
    This is what I have on mine. They look nice and are very comfortable, being really smooth....John
    model29-1.jpg

Its actually a square, the grip is just rounded. I picked a set up at my local FFL for $20 kind of blondish wood with checkering Ill have to post pics later lol

Top Bottom