Got Any Money In A Chase Account ? Might Wanna Re think That .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Meyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    I saw those articles... more drama to it than what reality will be.

.gov is on Chase bigtime for a number of issues. They are exiting some lines of business (student loans) and ratcheting others down. Many businesses that deal mostly in cash are risky. There is a lot of money laundering going on. Imposing limits and creating high hurdles will force them to use another bank. They are trying to mitigate their risk. Places like pawn shops, payday advance places... Chase is actively trying to limit business with those folks. Been a number of articles on those topics recently.

Pawn shops are relpacing banks in many communities. They are the only ones that will lend to some.

Many of those businesses though are at risk of running into regulatory or usury problems. Kind of like ATM fees. People cry foul or say they are too high and pressure grows to eliminate or reduce them.

I am not a huge Chase fan but I understand what they are trying to do... mitigate risk.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know as shocking as this will be to some, infowars often blows things out of proportion.

Actually what they are doing is limiting the types of activity from a low fee type of account that was designed for small businesses. You can still do international transfers and move as much money around as you want, you just need to get a different type of account that has a $10/month higher fee if you don't meet the minimum account balance requirements.

No, JPM Isn't Banning International Wire Transfers, No Limits On Withdrawals Either - Forbes

...and people say the "main stream media" is misleading.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    C'mon BehindBluel's, why do you always do this? Somebody is about to get the conspiracy theorists all riled up, and you have to come along with your "facts."

Knock it off, would ya?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    C'mon BehindBluel's, why do you always do this? Somebody is about to get the conspiracy theorists all riled up, and you have to come along with your "facts."

Knock it off, would ya?

I know, I know. I'm addicted to truthiness. Of course, I'm probably just a plant readying this forum for a martial law take over in Obama's 7th term after the UN enforces anti-piracy laws in our FEMA camps. Or something.

Top Bottom