• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've been at SHOT Show all week shooting video. I was contacted last week by Guns and Ammo and they asked if I would be willing to help shoot video at the show and to edit the video for their website. I of course said I would.

Here are the first 3 videos I shot and edited for the G&A website that have been posted.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DBlvMyt_iQ[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qccOymNrKEE[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7S1bfAGCl0[/ame]

It was great working with the G&A folks. I hope you guys enjoy the videos.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Great videos. Looks like some great products in the upcoming year as well. Berretta really stepped up their game with the long weapon. Very innovative thinking.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great videos. Thanks much for posting.

I've been watching the development of the ARX160; great refinement of the concept.

Did you get to shoot the ARX160 at media day? Wonder if that reversible charging handle is prone to malf the weapon?

Did you ask how many times they have stripped the weapon and reassembled at the factory? I wonder if that locking system that Berretta uses increased friction wear?

I WANT to like the ARX160 but like most gun owners I am inherently conservative in my own selections.

Last edited:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I like it when the Beretta guy says it's fool proof.
    Anytime someone makes something fool proof, nature will make a better fool.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I really like it that the guy from Colt called his rifle a "modular carbine" rather that the guy from Beretta calling his an "assault rifle" Now that you are featured on guns and ammo I feel even more special about meeting you at the 1500 last weekend! Nice vids

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Isn't the Beretta an assault rifle? What is wrong with calling an assault rifle an assault rifle???:dunno:

I just think the term assault rifle makes people that don't know any better nervous or more likely to limit it from civilian sales. Not trying to start any poo. I totally get what you are saying. I just don't think non gun type people get it. Plus maybe I am being a little more critical of Beretta than I would another company because out of my last 3 Berettas 2 are broken and one never worked in the first place. And their customer service sucks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just think the term assault rifle makes people that don't know any better nervous or more likely to limit it from civilian sales.

The ARX meets all the necessary elements of an assault rifle: it is fully automatic, shoulder fired and it fires an intermediate cartridge. The ARX has been used by the Italian military since 2008.

Is the weapon featured in the video Title I???:dunno: If it is, how the heck is Berretta getting it in? Manufacture in the States???

jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Congrats on getting to work with G & A, vids look nice.

I'm thinking that the term assault rifle is just a short way of saying target/hunting rifle.Target= bad guy(s) or hunting the bad guys.just my thoughts.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    The ARX meets all the necessary elements of an assault rifle: it is fully automatic, shoulder fired and it fires an intermediate cartridge. The ARX has been used by the Italian military since 2008.

Is the weapon featured in the video Title I???:dunno: If it is, how the heck is Berretta getting it in? Manufacture in the States???

I agree that it is an "assault rifle" I just personally do not like that term. I feel that term puts a negative connotation on any weapon you label it with. You either do not get what I am trying to say, or are arguing with me about a point that I was not trying to make. I own several rifles that the media and anti gun people label as "assault rifles", but that is not how I refer to them. I will never assault anybody with them.

I am not sure about Title I status or exactly what it would take to have a semi auto civilian version sold here in the USA. It was my understanding that Beretta does manufacture some guns here or at least parts of the M9 so they could get the Military contract? I could be wrong though. IIRC you are a lawyer. I have read your posts and valued your perspective on different carry type matters. Neither that nor importing firearms are areas I have much knowledge about. I just love to shoot and don't like people using words that make firearms sound negative. I was not trying to **** anybody off with my comment.

Top Bottom