• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    I don't do anything besides laugh and drive on.. prison to me doesn't sound like much fun. You shoot someone in self defense.. bottom line.. not because of something you or he instigated. And just because someone runs up on you and throws a punch or a drink at you.. doesn't mean you have the right to shoot them... this I know for a fact.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to carry.. seriously.

:laugh::laugh: good one.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Dont worry about that idiot, if everyone pulled guns on people that pissed them off while driving in the fishers/carmel area, there would be a lot of people in jail. Trust me man, I drive my own large diesel truck down 116th between olio and 69 at least once a week.. i know what its like to have people getting road rage because of your large slow vehicle... if you come to the point where you feel you have to do something, dont try to lure them into a fight where you can just shoot them, just turn your chip up to max setting and roll some smoke out on them. works every time.

hah theres plenty of smoke..and i did roll some smoke at him and thats what pissed him off!;) lots of good advise besides the sarcastic bs

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    if this guy was yelling at you at the light, why would you roll down the window to talk/yell at him?

if he was following you, why would you park and let him approach? if he got out of his car, why didnt you drive off and leave him there ranting?

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    if this guy was yelling at you at the light, why would you roll down the window to talk/yell at him?

if he was following you, why would you park and let him approach? if he got out of his car, why didnt you drive off and leave him there ranting?

i reached my destination why would i go anywhere else. i shouldnt have to drive off just cuz his dumbazz. if he wants to take a swing let him, he will go to jail for it.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    i like all the negative rep im getting for asking for advise, wow this forum has some people with their pants a little tight

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i reached my destination why would i go anywhere else. i shouldnt have to drive off just cuz his dumbazz. if he wants to take a swing let him, he will go to jail for it.

......yet you were wanting to know if you could shoot him?

youre right, you shouldnt have to...but if you were worried about yourself or property, then that is your best option.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    ......yet you were wanting to know if you could shoot him?

youre right, you shouldnt have to...but if you were worried about yourself or property, then that is your best option.

kinda hard to shoot him when i didnt even have a gun at that point but if i did i mean he gets out and approaches me and lets say my truck wont start, then what? i wouldnt have a choice but to shoot him, either that or get my azz in the hospital.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Be honest with the Indiana State Police and explain to them you'd shoot a man for trying to punch you or because he threw a drink at you.. I guarantee your LTCH will be revoked. That's the last thing we gun owners need is a hot head like yourself carrying.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Agree that some training is in order. But I do appreciate you coming to the forum and asking an honest question. Not to mention your honesty in describing the events as they unfolded. As has been stated, de-escalating the situation should be priority one. If your situation was such that there was a road rage incident, directed at you, and you had done nothing to escalate the situation, I would recommend immediately calling 911, find a safe place to pull over [as stated, a fire department or PD], or staying on the line with LEO and following their instructions. In this situation, I would inform officer that you were carrying, and have said weapon in a readily accessible location. [Still holstered, mind...]

There's my .02, to a situation that I could see myself in. I'm past the impetuousness of youth, and echo the statements of others on this forum that the situation was handled poorly. Fortunately, you weren't carrying though. As I said at the beginning, it would be a great idea to get some training.

Not trying to come down harsh on you, just offering my .02.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Just a thought here,

You said you were "unarmed", intentionally cut him off, he followed you, you got to your destination pulled in and stopped, he gets out with drink in hand....................

WTF would you have done had he gotten out with a Glock or an AK in hand?

Don't think for a second there isn't amply armed hotheads driving around Indy everyday.

I say you are one lucky S.O.B. he only had a drink in hand, think about that!

Somebody very easily could have been making "your" funeral arrangements, not his!

Never forget this, there is always somebody tougher, faster, bigger, smarter, and worst of all crazier than you.

Best free advice you will ever get!

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Just a thought here,

You said you were "unarmed", intentionally cut him off, he followed you, you got to your destination pulled in and stopped, he gets out with drink in hand....................

WTF would you have done had he gotten out with a Glock or an AK in hand?

Don't think for a second there isn't amply armed hotheads driving around Indy everyday.

I say you are one lucky S.O.B. he only had a drink in hand, think about that!

Somebody very easily could have been making "your" funeral arrangements, not his!

Never forget this, there is always somebody tougher, faster, bigger, smarter, and worst of all crazier than you.

Best free advice you will ever get!
    that is good advise, and its true there always will be someone bigger and crazier and tougher than me..

Agree that some training is in order. But I do appreciate you coming to the forum and asking an honest question. Not to mention your honesty in describing the events as they unfolded. As has been stated, de-escalating the situation should be priority one. If your situation was such that there was a road rage incident, directed at you, and you had done nothing to escalate the situation, I would recommend immediately calling 911, find a safe place to pull over [as stated, a fire department or PD], or staying on the line with LEO and following their instructions. In this situation, I would inform officer that you were carrying, and have said weapon in a readily accessible location. [Still holstered, mind...]

There's my .02, to a situation that I could see myself in. I'm past the impetuousness of youth, and echo the statements of others on this forum that the situation was handled poorly. Fortunately, you weren't carrying though. As I said at the beginning, it would be a great idea to get some training.

Not trying to come down harsh on you, just offering my .02.
    thanks for the nice comment, not offended in the least. here i am trying to be honest in what i say and all of the the ingoers think im a horrible person or whatnot...well guess what im not :D next time ill just make up everything in my story... LOL
    lmao. well played, sir :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

another sarcastic ingoer...shocking

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    First off, welcome to ingo, we highlight our sarcasm in purple... havnt seen any of that yet... people arent being sarcastic or condescending when they tell you that you need training, or that you shouldnt carry a firearm. Truth be told we could all use more training, and if you are the type of person that thinks its acceptable to put yourself in danger just so you can let it escalate to the point where you can "shoot them with your open carry", you shouldnt carry a firearm because if you do anything like you did, its going to be viewed by any prosecutor as you luring them in by the way you drove, pulling over into a parking lot, then shooting them... no one is trying to be a pecker about anything we just dont want to see you, or anyone for that matter, get killed/hurt/arrested for the misuse of a firearm... because then the anti's go crazy and our life starts to suck more and more. as the carrier of a firearm your main responsibility is responsibility itself.

oh and thanks for the neg rep in return chief.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    First off, welcome to ingo, we highlight our sarcasm in purple... havnt seen any of that yet... people arent being sarcastic or condescending when they tell you that you need training, or that you shouldnt carry a firearm. Truth be told we could all use more training, and if you are the type of person that thinks its acceptable to put yourself in danger just so you can let it escalate to the point where you can "shoot them with your open carry", you shouldnt carry a firearm because if you do anything like you did, its going to be viewed by any prosecutor as you luring them in by the way you drove, pulling over into a parking lot, then shooting them... no one is trying to be a pecker about anything we just dont want to see you, or anyone for that matter, get killed/hurt/arrested for the misuse of a firearm... because then the anti's go crazy and our life starts to suck more and more. as the carrier of a firearm your main responsibility is responsibility itself.

oh and thanks for the neg rep in return chief.

sounds childish but you started it. i never said all i wanted to do is shoot him, i never had a gun to begin with...just curious what the circumstances were as to when i was legally able to. not like im all gung hoe i wanna shoot someone, just cuz i can!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Sootking, If you really are interested in learning about safe ways to carry & such..
    don't fan the flammers.. you had a valid question in your OP but we needed to point out the huge errors you did make.. that senerio was so far in the wrong that it would have been a trip to jail if you had shown a gun..

If people make wise cracks about your posts, just let them go..
    giving negitive rep in response to them giving you some is a quick way to get into petty online fights..
    king of like the road rage situation.. just let the flames die down..
    you mentioned you are only 20... you have a long life ahead of you - hopefully.. keep your cool and don't go looking for fights..

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    well this happened a year ago...when i did not have a LTCH or a gun for that matter. I was heading to my dads vet clinic on 116th street in heavy traffic. I drive a cummins diesel pickup and it obviously sticks out in traffic with the stack. im cruising along in the slow lane and this guy is riding my butt.. BELOW MY TAILGATE...he pulls one of those im just gonna find the opening and fly around you to make a point. I wasnt thinking and just wanted to **** him off so i switched lanes right as he tried to pass (not smart on my part)

he got really angry and flippin me off in the window yelling ect. we come to the red light and he pulls up next to me. i roll down the window and he is calling me every name in the book and i play is off like you shouldnt ride my butt and calm down.

so im still in the fast lane and he gets behind me and rides my butt again all the way down 116th to olio. i pull into the kroger area there and he follows me...i stop at the end of the parking lot and just sit, window down. he gets out of his pt cruiser and starts running at my truck with a drink in his hand. im still in the truck wondering if i should just drive off and call the cops or what. he throws the drink at me and hits my truck...and me with coke everywhere. i was so angry and he keeps telling me to get out of my truck im gonna ^%$# you up and all this.

i mean at what point to you get out, confront him and if he throws a punch u shoot him with your open carry? i mean this whole business of people "getting out on people" in traffic has me nervous cuz people are crazy. people that say the stuff like "pull over ill beat your a$$!" what do you do ingo?

I sit in the parking lot, hopefully with a brick wall behind him. Then I dial 911 and tell them I have a gun and I'm being physically threatened and start describing the guy to him. All the while with a crap eating grin on my face I know will drive him even more insane if he's still alive when the cops get there.

Last edited:

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    <snip>

i mean at what point to you get out, confront him and if he throws a punch u shoot him with your open carry? i mean this whole business of people "getting out on people" in traffic has me nervous cuz people are crazy. people that say the stuff like "pull over ill beat your a$$!" what do you do ingo?

Well the moment he assaulted you. you should have gotten out of the car an busted a few caps in him. Then you should have planted your throw away on him so it's justifiable.

In all seriousness call the cops. If he leaves get his plates. Do not follow him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom