• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    that could go both ways, lets say old grandma in her station wagon UNKNOWINGLY cuts someone off and they block her in at the light and she pulls a gun when they attack her and kills them. she provoked it...so is she at fault?
    She did not intentionally provoke the attack!:dunno:
    Cutting someone off is not reason for an attack, She is not at fault if she was unable to leave and shoots him, but she's not going to sit there waiting for him with the window down. If she is able to drive off she should.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    key word there bub, not like im starting anything. i really dont see why you and everyone else are getting so pi$. i really dont. cuz i didnt use the "edit" button?? cmon

Curiously enough, and having read many of these folks for several months now, I haven't seen anyone getting pissed here. Look at it as good training for being out in the world. You have choices when you see someone dissing you. You can either cheerfully apologize (even if you don't think you did anything wrong, feel free to call them every name in the book in your head) and most of the time things will end right there. Or you can keep engaging people which makes it more likely the situation will escalate.

This is EXACTLY like how it happens out in public, and is a good example of what some of the folks are telling you regarding how you respond. Now, the worse that happens here (usually) is that you get warned or banned for being a troll, but out in the world when you are carrying a weapon, things can get a whole lot worse. Your choice how you react, but at least it's been explained to you, so you can no longer cite ignorance of the subject.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Well, I just read this whole thing from front to back.

I'm not going to put the OP down, but seriously, you brought up a good topic that you wanted to see what everyone had to say. You got it all ways. Learn from your experience.

About 10 years ago, I too had a tailgater become enraged at me. I didn't run the yellow light, and he got out, approached my car, flung a number of obscenities at me, then sucker punched me in the face.

Yeah, it hurt, and startled me for a bit.

Not sure I made the right choice, because my wife and child were in the car with me, but I jumped out and I beat him down right in the middle of East 3rd Street.

It was all over and done with in a matter of 2 minutes, and traffic was snarled because of it. He got in his car and fled, and I continued on to my destination.

I never heard another thing about it.

Scared my wife. She had never seen me react that way, and hasn't since.

But you never know what you are going to be faced with.

I had a nice shiner for awhile.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Well, I just read this whole thing from front to back.

I'm not going to put the OP down, but seriously, you brought up a good topic that you wanted to see what everyone had to say. You got it all ways. Learn from your experience.

About 10 years ago, I too had a tailgater become enraged at me. I didn't run the yellow light, and he got out, approached my car, flung a number of obscenities at me, then sucker punched me in the face.

Yeah, it hurt, and startled me for a bit.

Not sure I made the right choice, because my wife and child were in the car with me, but I jumped out and I beat him down right in the middle of East 3rd Street.

It was all over and done with in a matter of 2 minutes, and traffic was snarled because of it. He got in his car and fled, and I continued on to my destination.

I never heard another thing about it.

Scared my wife. She had never seen me react that way, and hasn't since.

But you never know what you are going to be faced with.

I had a nice shiner for awhile.

damn now theres a good real life story i was looking for, thats kinda what i was wondering i mean if he punchs you its all self defense after that

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    key word there bub, not like im starting anything. i really dont see why you and everyone else are getting so pi$. i really dont. cuz i didnt use the "edit" button?? cmon

I rest my case, you continue to want agitate things rather than just take the good advise that has been given here, I see why the guy followed you now, you just cant use the words "I am wrong and I apologize" can you!! I have no dought that you were the aggressor in that situation, the advice that has been given to you by the members here were just trying to keep you out of a bad situation or even going to jail for a bad shoot in a self defense situation, I hope you take it to heart and get some training and learn the laws.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    as far as real life stories;

A few years ago on US52 was a road rage shooting , it was similar to the OP story..
    2 guys racing & cutting each other off, one followed other into parking lot near Lafayette.. one guy got out and went to others car.. 2nd guy shot him..
    I don't remember the criminal outcome of that one..

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    as far as real life stories;

A few years ago on US52 was a road rage shooting , it was similar to the OP story..
    2 guys racing & cutting each other off, one followed other into parking lot near Lafayette.. one guy got out and went to others car.. 2nd guy shot him..
    I don't remember the criminal outcome of that one..
    Well then that helps! :D
    guy 2 go's to jail.:nopity:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom