• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I received my first Aimpoint today. I think i may be in love. I really appreciate the attention to detail that Aimpoint put into this optic (and i sure all of there optics).

Can't wait to get out tomorrow and sight it in! It will be amazing using a red dot that doesn't loose zero!

Thanks again to Acme Sports in Seymour, IN! I have been looking for an Aimpoint PRO for several weeks and could not locate one either online or locally. One 10 minute phone call to Acme yestureday and i am holding it today. And a very competitive price!

I couldn't ask for more. I will have to make a trip down there sometime and stop in (a little over an hour drive for me).

Time for some pictures, everyone loves pictures. :rockwoot:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry i "painted" over the text on my forend.

:patriot:

Last edited:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Whats the text on your forend lol? I kinda want to know now :)

You have a really quality setup it looks like...now you need to get quality mags! Not sure but those look like thermo molds and Ive had nothing but issues with them.

Not to take away from your amazing rifle but having all the goodies is useless if your gun isnt fed reliably :twocents:

Great looking gun and congrats on the PRO :rockwoot:

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Whats the text on your forend lol? I kinda want to know now :)

You have a really quality setup it looks like...now you need to get quality mags! Not sure but those look like thermo molds and Ive had nothing but issues with them.

Not to take away from your amazing rifle but having all the goodies is useless if your gun isnt fed reliably :twocents:

Great looking gun and congrats on the PRO :rockwoot:

So nothing but problems, hmm? What kind of problems? Will they be decent "beater" / range mags? I just picked up 2 of them the other day. I have only fired 30 rounds through each of them so far.

The mags i usually use are Pmags (switched to Pmags after the mil surplus mags kept messing up on me).

So guess it's a good thing i didn't buy 10 of them? :yesway:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    So nothing but problems, hmm? What kind of problems? Will they be decent "beater" / range mags? I just picked up 2 of them the other day. I have only fired 30 rounds through each of them so far.

The mags i usually use are Pmags (switched to Pmags after the mil surplus mags kept messing up on me).

So guess it's a good thing i didn't buy 10 of them? :yesway:

I owned 3 of them and one of them worked okay and the other 2 must of have week springs or something. Because they wouldnt feed rounds, wouldnt lock the bolt open, and i dropped one on concrete from gun height and it cracked lol. So i tossed all of them!

I see you own Pmags so you should be good to go!!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wouldn't think that a company like Aimpoint is going to give you a crap mount with the optic that carry's their name. You should be fine. I have the Comp ML3. I've only put a 100 rounds through it or so (only had it a week) but I've heard some pretty cool durability stories including taking it off, throwing it has a brick wall, putting it back on and it still holds zero. I saw another that had a big dent in it from getting slammed in the door of a MRAP. I don't know how much those doors weigh, but they can't be light. It still held it's zero. Plus I know the ML3's battery life is rated somewhere around 5 YEARS of CONTINUOUS use. I think the patrol is somewhere in that neighborhood as well. That's absurd. But between battery life and ability to hold zero like it does, I was sold.

Congrats and have fun.

Top Bottom