• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just received my C&R license in the mail. I have already faxed a copy to Midway and plan to send it to J&G, Aim, Classic Arms and Brownell's. Where else should I send it to get C&R offers and/or dealer discounts?

BTW anyone on the fence about applying should do it. It is extremely easy and has a lot of benefits.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Empire Arms
    Southern Ohio Guns
    Century Arms
    Samco

There are a few others I check on, but I hadn't planned to send any license copies to them unless I actually bought something from them. That would be guys like Simpsons and RGuns.

There's a few others I'm forgetting at the moment but those plus the ones you mentioned are who I usually keep an eye on.

If you like Finn M39's, www.gunsnammo.com is another one I watch

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got to get mine faxed out or copies mailed out. I've gotten lazy with it since I got it. The last semester was pretty busy and this one will be worse.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Here is a list of where I have sent mine and have done buisness (except samco)

Midway USA-- get dealer discounts on 'bout everthing firearm related, ammo, parts and componets

Numrich--dealer discount on about any gun parts you can think of.

Graf and sons- reloading

Century Arms-firearms and ammo good

Aim Surplus-firearms and ammo good

Brownels-parts and goodies

Center Fire ammo good w/some C&R

Samco have not bought from them but supposed to be OK

Classic Arms- good quailty here. 70% of my C&R buys come from here

Southern Ohio Gun- had some good deals from here..$10 handpick best route (got a Sako M39 Finn on sale that is gorgeous)

Hope this helps, there are others out there, but found these fit my needs the most

Good luck and happy C&Ring

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA/VFW LIFE MEMBER

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks Tat2dman.....So if you get this C&R you get discounts? Where do you apply for one? I bet this is a thread hijack....hope I don't get tased.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Empire Arms
    Southern Ohio Guns
    Century Arms
    Samco

There are a few others I check on, but I hadn't planned to send any license copies to them unless I actually bought something from them.
    Remember... The dealers need a copy of your C&R on file BEFORE you order anything from them that requires it. So if you even think you may be interested in buying from a dealer in the future, send them a copy. If you wait until you see something you want before giving them your license, the delay might just cost you that purchase.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks again everybody!! I'll have to look into that

Make sure you read and understand what a C&R license entails. It is a Federal Firearms license FFL03 so there are many rules, regulations and guidelines that must be followed to stay within the law...with that being said..it creates a lot of opportunities to great deals for a collector and can save you $$$$ ...

Remember... The dealers need a copy of your C&R on file BEFORE you order anything from them that requires it. So if you even think you may be interested in buying from a dealer in the future, send them a copy. If you wait until you see something you want before giving them your license, the delay might just cost you that purchase.

+1 this actually happened to me with SOG when I missed sending them a copy after I renewed last time.:( It dosn't hurt to send one somewhere even if you do not use it there.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I seem to remember an INGOer getting his panties in a twist because he walked into dealers' brick-and-mortar stores with his brand new C&R, and they didn't want to sell him C&R guns on the spot.

Get your "wet-ink" signed copy to dealers before you want to make a purchase from them. Here is a cut-and-paste from a notable firearms dealer's web site:

All firearms actually manufactured after 1898 must be shipped via U.P.S. to a Federally licensed firearms dealer or C&R collector with a Class 03 FFL that is ALREADY ON FILE with us, with payment provided via credit-card. We no longer ship anything C.O.D. or allow anyone to inspect or pick up firearms in-person at our office (due to restrictive local ordinances).

A dealer-FFL or C&R license MUST BE on-file with us ALREADY before we will accept any order for a SPECIFIC firearm
    FFL's can now be FAXED to us at XXX-XXX-XXXX! Please be absolutely certain to [A] SIGN the copy first, and use the FINE or SUPER-FINE setting on your FAX machine (NOT the PHOTO setting) so the FFL number and expiration-date is clear and legible when we receive it on our end.

We will also accept scanned and emailed copies of FFL's.

It is a very good idea to send us a signed copy of your (or your local transfer dealer's) FFL in advance for our files to avoid missing out on the item you may want. This is S.O.P. in the industry.

fameakalb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    C&R

would i be wasting my time filling for a C&R
    i ask because i have a class a mis. for carrying w/o a license (4 days before my permit was active i have it now)
    please & thanks for the help:D

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    would i be wasting my time filling for a C&R
    i ask because i have a class a mis. for carrying w/o a license (4 days before my permit was active i have it now)
    please & thanks for the help:D[/quot

I do not believe that should bother you...the basic criteria that must be met is:

You must be 21 years or more of age.
    You cannot be prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition (that is, you have not been convicted of a felony.
    You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, or you have special dispensation).
    You have not willfully violated the Gun Control Act or its regulations.
    You have not willfully failed to disclose material information or willfully made false statements concerning material facts in connection with this application.

I can not remember all the info they ask on the app. but as long as there is not a felony involved you should be OK. You do however, "must" send a letter to your LEO ( per the application) that you are applying for the C&R(name address etc.). And of course you are dealing with a Government Bureau, so you never know they think. But again you should be OK. If you qualify to purchase a firearm, the FFL03 license should be obtainable also.

Good Luck..let us know how it comes out

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Agreed on that point, but with guys like RGuns, their online inventory has been the same ever since I got my license, so I figured there's not much point in worrying about them. I guess I'm just lazy. ;)

The guys with fluid inventories like SOG, AIM, JG Sales, Empire, and Classic Arms all have copies on file from me.

BTW, to the OP, in addition to those, I watch the trader sections on here (of course), Gunboards, and Surplus Rifles. I'm trying to remember how many I've bought off of all three.... I know at least two came from here and both times it was easier for them ship to my C&R than it was to go pick it up.... I've bought 2 or 3 from Surplus Rifles and two off of Gunboards.

Gunbroker.com, too, now that I think about it... that's where I found my Sestroryetsk m91 (and watched a Chattelerault go for over $600!)

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed on that point, but with guys like RGuns, their online inventory has been the same ever since I got my license, so I figured there's not much point in worrying about them. I guess I'm just lazy. ;)

The guys with fluid inventories like SOG, AIM, JG Sales, Empire, and Classic Arms all have copies on file from me.

BTW, to the OP, in addition to those, I watch the trader sections on here (of course), Gunboards, and Surplus Rifles. I'm trying to remember how many I've bought off of all three.... I know at least two came from here and both times it was easier for them ship to my C&R than it was to go pick it up.... I've bought 2 or 3 from Surplus Rifles and two off of Gunboards.

Gunbroker.com, too, now that I think about it... that's where I found my Sestroryetsk m91 (and watched a Chattelerault go for over $600!)

+1...yeah need to check those, just scared it's going to cost me money:):..I have bought a few items from gunbroker, mostly brass..but the C&R came in handy with a old Forehand and Wadsworth pistol I wanted, (mainly for parts), but the seller required a FFL to ship to. ...Great info and yeah I never sent anything to RGuns either..forgot about JG Sales ..I do send them one and have bought from them...but the shipping from AZ to here stinks...:(

Top Bottom