• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just last week got my first 1911, a Remington R1. I've only put 50 rounds through it so far but I like it. I qualified on the 1911 in the Army but it has been the early '70s since I've fired one.
    I'm wanting to pick up a couple 8 round magazines for it and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    ^^^ What he said. ;)

I looked at an R1 yesterday and it seemed like a well made and good looking pistol. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. Congrats on yer new 1911! :yesway:

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    ^^^ What he said. ;)

I looked at an R1 yesterday and it seemed like a well made and good looking pistol. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. Congrats on yer new 1911! :yesway:

I have several thousand rounds through a Remington R1. I had a couple magazine issues the very first day I owned the pistol. I upgraded the magazines and the gun has been 100% flawless ever since. It really is a great gun for the money.

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    Glad to hear it, I love my 1911. Its not the most expensive one, but it gets the job done. RIA 1911. Btw I was looking at those Remington at my local gun shop. I really don't think you can go wrong with that.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the good info, Wilson it is!
    I like the R1 for its faithfulness to the original design, with the exception of a few improvements for function and safety. I reserve judgement on the 80 series hammer block. I wasn't aware of that until after I'd bought it and was doing further research.
    I'd also really like to have a GI 1911 someday but am not holding my breath. Their prices are just crazy, like the Garand and M1 Carbine, which I also lust for.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Cograts. I recently joined the 1911 club with a Springfield Loaded Champion. I ordered Chip McCormick mags from Midway USA. I like the round up feature for NRA. So far they run like champs.

After shooting mostly 9mm, that 45 makes a BIG HOLE.:n00b:
    Best,
    Wildcatfan.62

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it just me or did I click this post expecting proud pictures. I may have seen a Remington 1911 before, but I havent seen yours. Cmon

I didn't post pics because: 1. I didn't know how. 2. It is stone stock factory and at that point they all look alike except for the amount of oil and finger prints on them!

amhubz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Stone's throw from ND!
    Congrats on your 1911. One of my friends has a 1911 that I've fired and it was a blast! I'm thinking it'll be the next piece that I aquire so I'll be considering the R1. Have fun with it! :)

Top Bottom