• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Aside from the fact that property taxes are inherently immoral and just ... wrong, I'm "curious" why the alleged value of the property is a factor. Do your kids get more attention in the public school if you pay more? Do the police respond faster when you alarm is activated? Does the fire department bring better water to fight fires at your house?

Property taxes are an egregious insult to property owners on a fundamental level. To make them a penalty for having a nicer or bigger home makes it a lot worse.

First of all let me say that I whole heartedly agree with Rhino's statement as it is absolute fact. Problem is, until we decide to revolt, which I'm all for by the way, as with the tea tax it is not going away. Number 1 screw up I see today is people allowing leanding institutions to include property tax payments and even homeowners insurance premiums to be included in their monthly payment. In allowing such you are not only paying more due to hidden interest and handling charges you are turning just that much more control over to the crown. If you think you are responsible enough to buy a house with a mortgage but can't control your own finances enough to handle these things on your own you need to take a step back and revise your situation. Learn to plan ahead and you will become a part of the cure instead of being part of the problem.

I hate to sound like I'm busting anyones chops here, but you know these things fall due every year. Just because property tax statements weren't issued until November this year doesn't mean they won't be issued again in April as scheduled next year. Then where will you be?:dunno:

BTW let me know when we're all ready to dump the tea into the harbor. I'm in! :patriot:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I think I'm moving back to louisville. A small home here in indy Broadripple area is costing me property tax around $2400. for a 1000sq foot place.
    A home in louisville nicer then your carmel.lol with around 4000 sq feet only cost $1900.
    I don't get it.

0 tax relief. I pay taxes here and KY, and now my capital gain tax is going up as well. It doesn't pay to make money

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Even at that, your payment should have went up less than $200
    1901-959= 942 x 2 = 1884/12 = $157 a month.

Well yes and no, the problem is how an escrow account works. An escrow account is set up so you are actually "pre paying" or banking the money ahead of time, so when the bill comes in, the money is already there to pay it.
    In this case, the account probably has enough to pay the $959.00, but because of the increase, the account is now overdrawn by $942.00. This alone will cause an increase in the payment of $160.00 to pay back what you are in the hole for, but you also have to "pay ahead" another $160.00 per month, so the money is already in the account when the next bill comes due, for a total increase of around $320.00/month.

Clear as mud :dunno: right :dunno:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    This whole deal is a joke. House Bill 1001 brought with it the 1% tax cap. The dirty little secret though, is that this bill is going to force every fire and police department in the state to slash their budgets. If nothing is done, my department will be falling back to it's 2005 budget. If that happens, anything from selling our headquarters building, to closing down companys, to laying off firefighters and paramedics would be considered. We'll be paying more for less service.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow. im glad i dont own a house

I just want to use this to point out that even renters pay property taxes. You pay through your rent. When the property owner gets hit with a property tax hike, they just raise rent to cover it. Renters are not immune.

As with all things renting, you just get one big bill instead of dozens of smaller ones.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    My retired dad is now paying $250 a month to rent his house and land from the government. It's just outrageous.

I wonder when this sort of thing will lead to the people picking up the pitchforks and torches.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    What is a form 130?
    form 130 is "Petition to the property tax assessment board of appeals for review of assessment "
    go to your ASSessors's office tell them you need a from 130 also get a form 11ra for each property from them you will need it to fill out the 130

like I've said for years no ones owns property in this country you just buy the right to rent it (taxes) from the Gestapo

Last edited:
    Top Bottom