• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    So a month or so I bought a new rifle from work. Savage makes a model that is a "Cabela's Exclusive". It's a Savage model 10T. 26" heavy barrel in 308, came with a rail installed, has a 4rd detachable box magazine, and the oversized tactical bolt knob.

Installed:

Harris 6-9 BR Bipod
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 Mil/Mil
    Nightforce Ultralight Low Rings (.885)

With the exception of the rings, I was able to get everything for WAY under MSRP. I am SUPER happy with the setup, extremely excited to sight this rifle in and start rockin and rollin.
    IMG_8767_zps3ad7238c.jpeg

IMG_4989_zps5642ada3.jpeg

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    That thing is sweet! Looking forward to the range report.

ON another note I've been looking around at different optics, would like to know how you like that one.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I like it very much. I picked it up for a couple hundred under msrp. I work at Cabelas, so I get to play with optics all day. I have to say, the Vortex line are extremely nice. The glass is just as crisp and clear as the MK4's we have. The Vortex are also FFP. I did a lot of research before buying it, and the only gripe that I saw was that it was "hard to find in stock".

With Vortex, you get a lot of features for half the cost of a Leupold or a NF at twice the cost.

Now don't get me wrong, I have a Mark 4 as well. However, depending on how this scope does at the range, I might be buying 2 more to replace scopes I have on my other rifles.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea if you want to see that rifles full potential definitely need to reload for it. In the mean time try an pick up a few different brands of factory "match grade" stuff. That rifle will probably favor the 168gr stuff. Congrats looks good!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That thing is sweet! Looking forward to the range report.

ON another note I've been looking around at different optics, would like to know how you like that one.

I like it very much. I picked it up for a couple hundred under msrp. I work at Cabelas, so I get to play with optics all day. I have to say, the Vortex line are extremely nice. The glass is just as crisp and clear as the MK4's we have. The Vortex are also FFP. I did a lot of research before buying it, and the only gripe that I saw was that it was "hard to find in stock".

With Vortex, you get a lot of features for half the cost of a Leupold or a NF at twice the cost.

Now don't get me wrong, I have a Mark 4 as well. However, depending on how this scope does at the range, I might be buying 2 more to replace scopes I have on my other rifles.

If your looking for that scope I have 5 or 6 in stock right now. There not hard to find, you just have to know who to talk to:D

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Yea if you want to see that rifles full potential definitely need to reload for it. In the mean time try an pick up a few different brands of factory "match grade" stuff. That rifle will probably favor the 168gr stuff. Congrats looks good!

I just don't have the time to do a load development right now. I've got a few hundred rounds of 168gr 308 Match:
    120 Hornady Match
    120 Federal GMM
    300 Atomic 308 Match (around 1MOA)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I just don't have the time to do a load development right now. I've got a few hundred rounds of 168gr 308 Match:
    120 Hornady Match
    120 Federal GMM
    300 Atomic 308 Match (around 1MOA)

Yea it takes some time fore sure, Ive been working on my Howa's load development for about 3 weeks now an think I have finally got it were I want. But those factory choices should serve you well in the mean time. Just be sure to post some group pics an let us know how it does!

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Savage makes a nice rifle. I picked up a 10 FCP-K last year, and I love it. I went with the Bushnell Tac Elite 10X to start with and its done the job so far. Been looking at those Vortex scopes though, so thanks for the feedback on those.

She's a beauty, enjoy!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Savage makes a nice rifle. I picked up a 10 FCP-K last year, and I love it. I went with the Bushnell Tac Elite 10X to start with and its done the job so far. Been looking at those Vortex scopes though, so thanks for the feedback on those.

She's a beauty, enjoy!

If your going to the show stop by my booth and see them in person. I have more In stock than most any dealer out there.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    If your going to the show stop by my booth and see them in person. I have more In stock than most any dealer out there.
    Not sure if I am going to make the show, but I will definitely get a hold of you when I am ready to buy. I am also looking at the Razor red dot for another rifle, so we'll be talking soon. :)

Top Bottom