• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would start with these low cost mods...

Loosen or remove the barrel band so it can free float. It can cause accuracy issues if too tight. If you need to add a sling, just add a swivel mount to the front and rear of the stock.

Volquartsen Target Hammer Bushings Ruger 10/22 On sale at Midway $34. The best $34 you'll spend on your 10/22.

DIY- bolt release... FREE
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

DIY- bolt buffer from Lowes 1/4"x2" nylon screw... $1.50. Cut off the ends so it fits flush in your receiver.
    picture.php

I modded my bolt release so I have that taken care of. Easy to do.

I see some that remove the barrel band. Does it stay put without it?

And what does the bolt buffer do compared to the factory?

thanks.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The barrel band can go. Plenty of examples of floated barrels out there. The auto bolt release mod is almost a requirement. It's so simple and makes shooting it so much more enjoyable. The nylon buffer just makes it feel a bit better. It absorbs a lot of the energy from the bolt so you don't feel it as much.

One more cheap easy mod..... trigger overtravel limiter. You can also polish the bolt and the inside of the receiver to make things cycle smoother. Not real hard to do, but doesn't do a whole lot for you either. I did the bolt and skipped the receiver. It'll wear in in time.

Last mod if you don't have a bore snake (which you should get), is to drill a hole in the back of the receiver so you can use a full length cleaning rod.

Jhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    I walked out of my favorite gun shop last night with a 10/22. Wasn't even looking for one. It was the black and green laminate stock (I didn't take any pictures of it yet.) I can't wait to start shooting it and then making mods to it.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I saw 2 10/22 takedowns at my LGS who usually have not much at all. I'm looking for a 500 Mossberg 12 gauge 18 to 20 inch (prefer stock). Anyone want to swap info. I help you find a takedown and you help me. I live in Decatur County. Indy is too far right now unless I can get a background check within the hour. I'm just guessing the takedowns are hard to find still. Pm me

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I actually sold that stock to another ingo member and bought a regular black one from another. I like it much better now

indyjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Why is that 10/22 not pointed at that creepy doll in the picture?

I've been working on my first 10/22 this week. I got the Hogue stock on and the Beyer barrel installed. I have the Volquartsen Target Hammer on the way too. I saw a Youtube video of a guy selling shims for the hammer too that supposed to take out any movement in the trigger, but I'm not convinced I need them. Anyone else use them? Anyhow, here's a pic of my progress so far.

eygzXgl.jpg

Top Bottom