• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Ruger 10/22 (bet you never saw one of these before :P )

Stuck a 3-9 40mm scope on it today. Plan to shoot it for the first time this weekend

24186690033_large.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Congrats, deter!

Where'd you get that case? I realize it's probably pretty basic, but right now I don't have a case for my 10/22 and something cheap and basic would work just fine for me.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    ok, that is the second gun you bought this week? or your second gun?

Nice either way:)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Enjoy it, the 10/22 is a great rifle and the price of 22 means you can get in a lot of practice. I would suggest going to an Appleseed with it and learning the basics of marksmenship before you build up bad shooting habits. Learning to shoot well is an American tradition that is slowly dying out...help keep it alive. As Col. Cooper said there are three thing a man should do well...Ride, Shoot Straight, and Tell the Truth.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The 10/22 is a fantastic gun right up until you find out how many aftermarket parts are available for it, and then your wife starts yelling at you for spending $1000 upgrading a $200 rifle.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Enjoy it, the 10/22 is a great rifle and the price of 22 means you can get in a lot of practice. I would suggest going to an Appleseed with it and learning the basics of marksmenship before you build up bad shooting habits. Learning to shoot well is an American tradition that is slowly dying out...help keep it alive. As Col. Cooper said there are three thing a man should do well...Ride, Shoot Straight, and Tell the Truth.

:+1:And you don't even have to leave INGO: ;)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/

NealWright

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Very nice ... one thing to watch on 10/22's is to always open the bolt after shooting! I have very person experience with a death due to this. Ruger's chosen not to hold the bolt open after the last round (you can modify with a kit) ... every other gun does. Excellent rifles to shoot, just always practice the rule that a gun is always treated as "loaded". Take care, Neal

Top Bottom