• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Went shooting yesterday and taught her how to check it to make sure it's clear and safe (selector in safe), load a mag and tap, pull back the charging handle to load a round; when ready to fire, push selector from safe to semi with thumb (with index finger pointed alongside the trigger and not on it, which wss hard yo do at first). When she acquired her target through the red dot, then pulled the trigger. Shot a five group pattern in a three inch circle from about 20 yards. Had trouble keeping both eyes open at first but quickly caught on. After she was done, she put selector back to safe, released the mag from the mag well and pulled the charging handle back again to eject the cartridge in the chamber. The best part was that she enjoyed shooting it. She now has gotten the stigma and misnomer of it being the black evil rifle out of her mind. I was really proud of her as she was of herself too! Just hope she doesn't want mine now!

Next up...work on clearing FTF and FTE conditions. Joked with her and said she does not know how to shoot the rifle but she is a trained AR-15 operator to which she got a kick out of it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom