• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Another comparison photo

Here is my full size 1911, Ruger LCP and the Baby Browning side by side. I had a nice talk with the company's owner last evening and he told me when he gets back from some shows in Europe next month he will put together another pistol for me that will knock my socks off. I think these can get addictive with me. :D

He made a statement I never heard before but makes a lot of sense. He calls these types of small pocket pistols not backup guns but "in your face" handguns. Although they do not have the stopping power of a 40S&W or 45acp with the right ammo they can put a real hurt on someone at close range. He says this is the gun you stick in the face of the BG that wants to carjack your vehicle or what you have in the palm of your hand when you answer the door some evening when you are not expecting company. It is not a 1911 but will get a persons attention and they see you're armed and ready to defend yourself. This size gun is not intrusive in your pocket and is there when you need one. I thought that was a interesting observation.

a04.jpg.w560h476.jpg

Taurus full size 1911 45acp; Ruger LCP .380acp and Baby Browning .25acp

a05.jpg.w560h410.jpg

Precision Small Arms Baby Browning with custom Abalone and silver grips.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Though I did post that I felt the gun should be shot, there is no way I would carry that one. I'm not even saying that I'd shoot it a bunch, but I'd at least put one/two down the barrel. Barbeque gun maybe/yes, daily carry=no way.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Though I did post that I felt the gun should be shot, there is no way I would carry that one. I'm not even saying that I'd shoot it a bunch, but I'd at least put one/two down the barrel. Barbeque gun maybe/yes, daily carry=no way.

I only had it a couple days and am still in the fondling mode but I do plan on shooting it once the weather gets a little warmer and I can get out to FCVCC. 6Birds already offered to help me break it in; what a nice guy. :D I did find that my wifes silver polishing cloth does a nice job keep it shiny. PSA's owner told me he has another model he is selling me soon that has a far nicer mirror finish and I believe engraved ivory grips. They make these guns with gold inlay that sell over $3,000. Those are the one's you put in a glass case and just look at. I did buy a pocket holster for my gun but time will tell how much I carry this now that I have spent some time baby sitting it. This is not the type of gun you want to cause holster wear to.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Starting a collection

I got the fever, bought my second Baby Browning; now have to get to the range for a test drive. They look almost too good to shoot but don't need to make any more safe queens. Sold a 1911 and a 40 S&W to buy these, I guess you can say I am downsizing. :D

1h.jpg.w560h560.jpg

1j.jpg.w560h580.jpg

1n.jpg.w560h602.jpg

a08.jpg

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sorry, got them from the manufacturer

I'm guessing you picked these up at the indiana gun club? I think I've seen a couple of them there... and you're from fishers.

I saw them at the Shot Show in January and after having a long talk with the owner I was convinced that these were a good investment so bought two for myself and a couple to sell. He changed over to using billet stock instead of machined investment casting and the machining and finishing on these are as good as you get. I liked the Abalone grips and think the machined aluminum boxes from Italy really make these special. The Baby Browning design goes back to I believe 1931 and this was a popular deep concealment pistol for years. I have always enjoyed these very small handguns, having carried a Beretta 25 as a backup for many years. A 25 is not a 45 but they go in your pocket and you don't even know they are there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom