• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Well we finally got our flight details for Peru.

We fly out of Kansas City on Sep 11. (I have to take our leased van back there.) So it makes sence to fly straight out of there.

I took a contract as a Consultant for a month in Toronto with an architectural company.

The deal was three one way business class tickets to Peru and a salary. I have been buying up so much stuff from Ebay and Amazon for the container we are almost out of room.

I had some great deals recently on Ebay. I bought a KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer for $129 brand new (it got here and works great) I also got a King Size, Egyptian Cotton, Seberian Goose down, 1200 Thread Count Duvet for $130.

I think with all the other stuff we have bought recently for the new house that this is the most money we have speant in years.

I also have 450 packs of Kool-Aid, 20 jars of peanut butter, 2 bottles of HP Sauce (It's a Canadian thing) and 5 bottles of Ranch dressing. This is all stuff we can't get down there.

This is great for us because we get to each take three checked backed at 70 lbs each with is on the plane.

So 22 more days and we leave. I am trying to make sure that I am done with my project and hand it over to the in house Team in the next 15 days.

I am setting up a 5-S Program (Continual Improvement) for them. It has been really fun as well, I have been able to get my son enough work hours to buy himself an IPad before we leave.

My wife is happy because we are here long enough to see the leaves change. This is the first time we have been here to see an actual autumn since 2005.

I am happy because we get 3 summers in one physical year. When we left Peru this past February it was summer there. We have now had summer here and we are going back just as winter (winter there is 55) is ending and summer will once again be starting in October!:rockwoot:

If anybody is heading down to South America give me a shout!

Top Bottom