• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh good lord!!
    You know, this morning I was minding my own business - doing the speed limit- traveling down a highway.
    Some lady (apparently an INGOer) from the opposite direction was attempting to make a left (slowing in her own lane/crossing over mine).
    She was all tickified that I was either going too fast for her liking or too slow...whatever...but she honked her horn and presented the secret INGO wave while then cutting across and squealing tires.
    Was she a butt-bonnet? Yes.
    Should she get a ticket for honking for a non-emergency? No.
    I just tooled on down the road... :)

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I almost forgot to tell everyone. I was pulled over the other day because some jerk pulled out in front of me so I laid on my horn, next thing I know there is a police car behind me. So I pulled over and the officer came up to my window and asked if there was a problem and I kindly replied, "Why, are you looking for one", I really didnt say that, but I wanted to. I said no but that guy pulled out in front of me and he said, no he didnt, I seen it, and I said well I dont care what you saw, that guy pulled out in front of me so I let him know what I thought about it. He then asked for my license so I pulled them out along with my LTCH and he said he didnt care about the LTCH so I put it back in my wallet. He went back to his car with my license and wasnt even in the car 15 seconds and came back and told me im free to leave. He didnt even ask if I was carrieing or if I had one in my truck. I think when he saw my LTCH he figured why run a check and then let me leave. Over all, he was a cool cop.

Wait...a...minute...

You voluntarily showed your LTCH???...to a LEO???...and admitted it in a post on INGO?!?!?! Then you didn't explain and show your work?!?!?!?!

May God have mercy on your soul!!!

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Wait...a...minute...

You voluntarily showed your LTCH???...to a LEO???...and admitted it in a post on INGO?!?!?! Then you didn't explain and show your work?!?!?!?!

May God have mercy on your soul!!!

I have nothing to hide. I just wanted the officer to know that he is safe and I dont plan on taking my gun out on him if I was carrying. If he runs my license then it will come back that I do indeed have my LTCH and I just saved him the trouble of asking me if Im carrying or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm calling my State Rep right now and DEMANDING A HORNY FREE SCHOOL ZONE !!!! I believe it can have multiple benefits! :draw:

(I have 8 granddaughters!!!!!):laugh:

Good luck with that. The only time teenagers aren't horny is...no, wait, um...no,...oh crap. I can't think of any. :dunno:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Lindsay’s Law ...

That's great. Yet another knee jerk enacted law with someone's name on it. Somehow we got through the last 236 years without this law, but there's a bad incident and wouldn't you know it, we need another law.

"If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law." - Winston Churchill

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    At least until they legalize blowing them off the road with an RPG. :D
    :laugh: Who says LEOs have no sense of humor? Tryin' to picture what that bill will look like. Instead of complicating IC 35-41-3-2, it might be simpler to add something like:

(sample)
    35-41-3-12(?) Use of force to ensure right of way.

Sec. 1 Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, a person shall be justified in using force, up to and including use of an RPG or similar, to ensure right of way and/or to remove slower moving vehicles from the left lane.*

*(shall be construed to mean slow-ass MFers who won't get the hell out of my way 'cause I got things to do.)

(ETA: HB 465 died in committee. Dangit. Couldn't make it work. We'll have to try again next session.)

Last edited:

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis
    My fiancee is from Indiana but learned to drive while living on the East Coast. Out there, I have been told, using your horn is rather like its own language. I have to remind her often that in Indiana blowing your horn is often the equivalent of declaring war on another driver. At least, that has certainly been my experience even if the other driver is clearly doing something wrong.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really want to put an air horn on the car and truck.
    IC 9-19-5-1
    Necessity of horn; audibility Sec. 1. A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, must be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred (200) feet. However, a horn or other warning device may not emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.
    There goes that "reasonable person" standard again.

Top Bottom