• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    You Sir are extremely generous and for that alone I thank you. I sent them a spikes buffer, a Magpul ctr and moe grip, a surefire comp, a bravo company charging handle. I just had most of that laying around here before but the surefire comp.

I am still working with the local authorities to try to recover my parts at least, so please do not feel obligated in the least. I am just very grateful we have people like you around here. Thank you

Any word on getting any of your parts back?

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    Still no word, in fact the person that posted has no ties any longer to the company and doesn't even have contact information. Thank you

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    skip the bank. go directly to the credit card company and dispute the charge. do not delay.

be definite and insistent. you are the victim of credit card fraud.

I did that too, they (MasterCard) could not help me. I will be using visa from now on.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    skip the bank. go directly to the credit card company and dispute the charge. do not delay.

be definite and insistent. you are the victim of credit card fraud.

Mrfjones,

This ^^^^!

Along with this you may want to look into suing the company.

This will get you in line as a creditor and may(?) get you a small percentage of your money back if the CC company falls through.

Good luck!

Regards,

Doug

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hope you get your money back.

At this point, it's been too long to go through the bank or credit card. There's time limits on that, and they just can't do anything for you after a certain period.

You need to file this in small claims or as a criminal case immediately. The longer you wait, the less the chances of you getting anything back.

Even then, you may be sol. It depends on how the guy had the company det up. If he did it correctly, no blame can be put on him.....unless he has your parts sitting at his house or something.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    Hope you get your money back.

At this point, it's been too long to go through the bank or credit card. There's time limits on that, and they just can't do anything for you after a certain period.

You need to file this in small claims or as a criminal case immediately. The longer you wait, the less the chances of you getting anything back.

Even then, you may be sol. It depends on how the guy had the company det up. If he did it correctly, no blame can be put on him.....unless he has your parts sitting at his house or something.

I filed with the local sheriff there and they are attempting to prosecute. You are correct about the time limit. I work for a local bank and I am way too familiar with the limits. If they would have released anything stating what was about to happen I could have gotten my money back.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    Mrfjones,

This ^^^^!

Along with this you may want to look into suing the company.

This will get you in line as a creditor and may(?) get you a small percentage of your money back if the CC company falls through.

Good luck!

Regards,

Doug

I'm working on filing in small claims court here in Indiana since they could take orders online.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Save your time and money and walk away.

You will be behind secured creditors in a bankruptcy so you will get nothing.

This is not a criminal case as you may think. You would have to prove that from the beginning of the transaction his intent was to steal from you which probably won't happen. Just a case of poor management. Don't put people in jail for being stupid.

If you could prove his intent was criminal from the beginning then you could pierce the veil and go after him for what ever he has but again unlikely

As for your parts if you can find them and prove they are yours you may be able to get them back. It depends on the type of bailment.

The small claims in Indiana is worthless if you know what your doing. If he were to lose a simple filling to the superior court wipes out your judgement.

Live and learn. Move on it will be a lot cheaper

Sorry this happend to you.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Save your time and money and walk away.

You will be behind secured creditors in a bankruptcy so you will get nothing.

This is not a criminal case as you may think. You would have to prove that from the beginning of the transaction his intent was to steal from you which probably won't happen. Just a case of poor management. Don't put people in jail for being stupid.

If you could prove his intent was criminal from the beginning then you could pierce the veil and go after him for what ever he has but again unlikely

As for your parts if you can find them and prove they are yours you may be able to get them back. It depends on the type of bailment.

The small claims in Indiana is worthless if you know what your doing. If he were to lose a simple filling to the superior court wipes out your judgement.

Live and learn. Move on it will be a lot cheaper

Sorry this happend to you.

:hijack: now this is a freakin quality post:rockwoot:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ouch... they looked like great rifles. On that note.. HOW IN THE HELL COULD AN AR MAKER GO BELLY UP IN THIS MARKET?

That would be like McDonalds going out of business during a famine?

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    File a claim in small claims court quickly.

They will have to notify you of the 341a meeting. Go to the meeting with documentation. You may ask the trustee to rule in your favor and order the jerk to pay up but you gotta move quickly.

Hope it goes well.

You don't know what you're talking about. The trustee can't "rule" in anyone's favor, and certainly can't order the debtor to pay the OP anything. All the trustee can do is determine whether the case is an asset case or not, and then pay allowed claims if there are any estate funds to do so.

OP, I'm sorry, but the bottom line is that you are most likely out of luck. Don't waste your money on a small claims suit... As soon as the BK is filed, all lawsuits will be stayed anyway. Even if you obtain a judgment, the likelihood that you will recover more on your proof of claim than you will spend on the filing fee is exactly zero. Sit back, file your proof of claim if and when you receive notice, and maybe, if the company wasn't behind on its taxes, you might get a few bucks from the trustee a year or so from now. If the company owes back taxes--state or federal--they would have to be paid in full by the BK estate before unsecured creditors like you ever see a penny.

Last edited:

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    They were great rifles, mine shot less than 1 moa. I'll be selling that barrel, rail and possibly the matched set of billet receivers so that I might fund my other build, The one I lost.

Last edited:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I did that too, they (MasterCard) could not help me. I will be using visa from now on.

What do you mean they couldn't help you? These things are regulated. You paid for a product or service that was not delivered... seems pretty simple to me. Don't take no for an answer from them, this is likely your only shot of getting anything back.

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    I feel for you man. I got ripped off by the Silent RX scam with their $100 special suppressor deal. I would really be honked off to lose $800.

What parts did you lose to Loki? I have some spare AR parts lying around. If I have something you lost, I will send it to you, to take the sting out of the mess.

WOW!! For an anonymous internet community, this is extremely generous. I have a new found respect for most everyone here.. GOOD GUY!

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    WOW!! For an anonymous internet community, this is extremely generous. I have a new found respect for most everyone here.. GOOD GUY!

Who said anything about anonymous?
    <<<<< Can't you see my avatar? I'm trackin' all 'yall

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    I also have a ton of spare AR parts laying around here. PM me what you need and I'll chip in whatever I can to help you out.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    What do you mean they couldn't help you? These things are regulated. You paid for a product or service that was not delivered... seems pretty simple to me. Don't take no for an answer from them, this is likely your only shot of getting anything back.

This is all an insurance thing, each bank has insurance so that they can basically put the money back into a persons account and not have to go after the company or person that committed the fraud. The insurance company sets the rules for this and standard in 90 days. Visa is a bit nicer and will work with you longer even if the 90 days is past, sometimes, but MasterCard will not. You are very much correct in the fact that it is regulated, but it is such a short window of time, it is very difficult to get anything done. Had loki made a press release I could have called and gotten it done, but they didn't.

I work for a bank and I can only assure you that I have exhausted all my options with that bank and mastercard.

On another note, you guys are some of he best people out there. I really appreciate all of the support. For those of you with extra parts, I'll speak with you via pm. I may have some parts to trade with you too, or a few drinks when we get together.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    +1 to SnoopLoggyDog. Continue on that Community Gents! That's why we're all here..

I really would hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but I believe they usually can do about 10% over 10 years. My Co just received a check a few weeks ago for about 1200.00 from a local scrap company that took in 10K in Metal of ours, never paid it out, went bankrupt, we filed suit, 10yrs later we received two separate checks through some law firm.

Top Bottom