• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    With the gun show this weekend, I'm thinking I'm going to be picking up a new handgun...maybe two...maybe one and a rifle... I'm not a big collector or anything. I generally just buy what interests me and don't keep many in the safe at any given time. At the moment my only handgun is the first one I ever purchased - a Springfield XD 40 service. I probably won't ever get rid of it, partly for nostalgia and partly because it's such a smooth shooter. I love the 1911 platform and had a Colt Defender until recently. I really enjoyed it, but I had purchased it, hoping to use it as an EDC, and it was just too heavy. I'm more than a little overweight (I've begun working on that), so even my comfy Crossbreed SuperTuck holster makes the XD tough to carry. I'd really like to pick up a Sig P938 for EDC. My wife has one that she carries in her purse, and I really like it a lot.

Still, there are a few other types of guns I've had my eye on:

• Sig P226 (not sure about getting a gun that size for 9mm, though) or P220 45acp. Don't know what it is about them, but I've always liked the Sig pistols. Given my druthers, I prefer an all metal gun, though I can't see me ever carrying one, unless I adopt a shoulder holster...which would be doable...hmm...
    • Revolver, S&W or Ruger, probably 2.5-3"+ barrel. Again, not for carry (although I guess it *could* be), more for fun and variety. I've never owned a wheel gun, but I've always wanted one.
    • 1911's, I just really like the platform. I'll probably always feel like something's missing, if I don't own one. I've owned an old, used Llama compact 1911 and the Defender. Maybe I'll pick up a full-sized model this time.
    • Bullpup, the Tavor and FS2000 have been calling out to me. They just look like fun rifles. I've got an AR-15 and a Mosin Nagant that I'll be upgrading with an Archangel stock kit, though, so I'm not sure I'll be buying another rifle really soon.

Anyway, that's what's been rattling around in my noggin, lately. What's everyone else been wanting to pick up for their collections?

Edit: Ok, looks like the FS2000 is no longer being imported for sale, and there is a new version of the Tavor - the X95, which looks to be selling at the same price.

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I won't be able to make the show, but I would recommend taking a look at the XDs. My first handgun was an XD 9, (still have it, and it is a very smooth shooter after ~10K rounds.) The XDs is a great natural carry companion to it, same controls and all that.

Also a plug for Ruger revolvers. The SP101 3" is crazy sexy, and I love my Ruver Service Six.

Sam Wheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Well I'm not really looking for any firearms right now. Kind of looking at continuing to stock up on ammo for what I've got. That said, I have been thinking about the next one I will probably purchase is a Glock 21. I've shot a couple of them and really like the feel of it. It'd be my first Glock. The only other gun I've been considering is replacing my 12 ga. shotgun with something a little nicer. No timetable on either of those.

If you've never had a wheel gun I'd suggest that. I find them to be a hoot to shoot!

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Also a plug for Ruger revolvers. The SP101 3" is crazy sexy, and I love my Ruver Service Six.

If you've never had a wheel gun I'd suggest that. I find them to be a hoot to shoot!

The SP101 is definitely a sweet-looking gun, especially the Talo editions, but I may be leaning toward a S&W for 6-round capacity. At that point it's a matter of deciding which one of the 20-different models appeals to me the most. :n00b:;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do have a couple of things I'd like to get my hands on, like a Dan Wesson RZ 10 as well as a couple of CZs. The CZs are a P01 and a P07. Right now, those are just wants and have not elevated themselves to the need level.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    The SP101 is definitely a sweet-looking gun, especially the Talo editions, but I may be leaning toward a S&W for 6-round capacity. At that point it's a matter of deciding which one of the 20-different models appeals to me the most. :n00b:;)

Haven't shot the SP1010 but have shot a GP100 and it's built like a tank and handles recoil very well. Bought my wife a very clean S&W 66 several years ago and it is a great shooter. Everytime I run into the seller, he always regrets selling it and wants to know if he can buy it back...nope!

Myself, I'd like to find a nice Russain or Chinese SKS with the blade bayonet. I've passed on them way too many times.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    HK P7. Still need to handle one but definitely on the shopping list.

I just came across the Tavor the other day, I'd love a X95, wouldn't mind any long gun really, but having a better half and little one limits the budget. I've always had a fascination with Bullpups.

I have a thing for different, rare, and odd designs. Toyota Cressida, Subaru Baja, BMW R1200C, HK P7...

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Im in the middle of a build waiting for a few parts to come in stock. Pistol caliber AR pistol in .40 s&w. My edc is a Glock 23 so I already have mags and I reload .40 so it'll be fun and cheap to shoot.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009

Take a look at the Ruger "Six" series. 6 round capacity, and better built for .357 than the comparable S&W K-frame.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I picked up a Gen4 Glock 23 last week. I had a Gen3 and sold it a couple years ago and decided to get another. The HK VP9 is on my short list for the near future. I had my sights set on the P30 but had the opportunity to shoot the VP9 last weekend and fell in love. Probably the best trigger I've felt on a striker fired gun (better than the trigger on the hammer fired P30, which runs ~$350 more). I'm also planning on getting the Steyr AUG. I shot the Tavor a few weeks back and really liked the bullpup platform, but I like the look and ergonomics of the AUG more. I feel confident saying you won't regret a Tavor; it was fun.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Picked up a new Ruger Custom LCP this week. Easy to see sights and the trigger is much wider and smoother than the standard LCP.

329b54fd-4ecd-4ccd-890d-285f402fe34a.jpg

Also picked up an H&R Handi Rifle in 7.62x39, from an INGO member. Had to work today, but plan in taking both to the range tomorrow.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Savage 1915

Winchester pre-64 model 70 in 375HH

Black Army 1911

Winchester 1886

.....a long list my wants are.;)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

I bought an SP-101 last year in the .327 Fed/mag flavor.
    It has a 6-round capacity and a 4.2" barrel.
    I absolutely love this gun, and carry it often.
    I did put an over-molded Hougue grip on it.

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I won't be able to make the show, but I would recommend taking a look at the XDs. My first handgun was an XD 9, (still have it, and it is a very smooth shooter after ~10K rounds.) The XDs is a great natural carry companion to it, same controls and all that.

This...the Xds is the best I've come across for carry. Xdm for fun

Top Bottom