• Poll closed .

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Kawtech, I am about to order an SP01 Shadow Custom SAO. My friend owns the DA/SA custom version. If you live anywhere close to Lafayette, once I get mine, you are welcome to come and shoot them. Be forewarned that it may change how you look at your other guns. :cool:

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    I can only speak on the M9, it's a POS. I was an armorer in the navy every range day at least one locking block would shear off after maybe 500 rounds. you can definately find a better full size 9mm. I'm searching for one myself, have you thought about the Ruger SR9?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kawtech, I am about to order an SP01 Shadow Custom SAO. My friend owns the DA/SA custom version. If you live anywhere close to Lafayette, once I get mine, you are welcome to come and shoot them. Be forewarned that it may change how you look at your other guns. :cool:

I would love to. Your about 100 miles away from me so itll have to be on a day I can get free from everyone, which is rare anymore. I live in Morgan County. Maybe if there is a meet and shoot somewhere in the middle we can get together. Ill bring my P-01 and a few other toys. Or youd be more than welcome to come down here. Weve got 40 acres of Morgan county woods to do with as we please. If my uncle isnt being an ass its 50 acres.:rockwoot:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sig is still in the lead in the polls with Glock Gen3 17 a close second and CZ SP01 rounding out the podium.

Hmm, I think im leaning to the G17 mostly for the cost factor. It is the cheapest, well by the time I add night sites it will cost about the same as the CZ, but Im already set up to shoot/carry it.

I really like the CZ pistols though.

Sig I think atleast for me, which is a shocker, at the moment is in third. Purely due to cost.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    a "P" series Ruger is a nice gun.

Im a huge fan of Ruger's revolvers. Thier auto stuff, meh not so much.

Good guns I know, they just never tripped my trigger. I would be more interested in the SR line anyway but even those have never made me feel like I just had to have one.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just for fun here are a few stock photos

Sig P226 Combat TB

P226-CombatTB.jpg

CZ SP01 Tactical

CZSP01.png

And Im sure everyone knows what a Glock 17 looks like. but here it is anyway

Glcok17.png

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I grabbed the P226 because of the way it felt, and reputation. But after shooting it quite a bit I found I didn't care for the DA/SA trigger. I much prefer the Glock trigger, and the fact that all my Glock's share mags, holsters, sights, etc... Plus the cost, not knocking the Sig at all, you may love it but in the end i stuck with Glock.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im leaning the way of a G17 honestly.

I have 3 Sigs already and I had a P226 at one time but I sold it because at the time I needed the money and it was a .40 cal so when I started stocking up on ammo I decided to stick to 9mm and .45 so the .40 P226 was sacrificed do to needing funds and lack of ammo stock.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, for whatever reason, I like the way Glocks shoot and feel in the hand while shooting. I had a little G36 and thought it would be a bear to shoot but it shot more softly than my 1911. Probably the polymer construction made it shoot soft but I really enjoyed shooting it.

I also used to not like the finger grooves because my fingers do not fit in them but even then, it holds well and feels better than the Glock without finger grooves.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I voted for the CZ, even though I'm not a fan of DA/SA. The CZ is the only tolerable DA/SA in my opinion, because it has excellent ergonomics (it almost feels like a 1911 with a hinged trigger). I would love to have one someday, I just wish they were $300 again like when I started shooting. I have owned two Sig P226s, neither suited me well and both are gone now.

If there was any kind of plastic fantastic on your list besides the Glock, I would have picked that, though. If I could only have one wonder nine, it'd probably be an M&P.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well I think Ive made up my mind. Im going to go out monday and maybe put one in layaway.

Im going with the Glock gen3 17.

Just because it will be the easiest and cheapest.

Thanks everyone for voting and for your suggestions.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I voted Beretta, but none of those listed would be a bad purchase. Browning Hi-Powers are also sweet. You'll probably go with the Glock because you are familiar with the brand and already have some accessories.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Voted for the 3rd Gen G17 Because you're already a G19 owner.

I personally don't like the way the Gen4 frames feel.

Shouldn't have sold my Gen3 G17... *Sigh*

Top Bottom