Got the itch to shoot at things far away...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    What's your budget? I think the offerings from XLR Industries are hard to beat for their quality and adjustability. Fitting the stock to the shooter reaps significant benefits when consistency is the goal. Consistency = accuracy.

It's a good question. I'm usually pretty good at talking myself into spending what I need to get what I want. The problem I have at the moment is that I really have no base line as far as understanding what features I need or want. I'm thinking I like the pistol grip as opposed to the traditional type of stock. I believe I can see 500-700 for a budget.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's a good question. I'm usually pretty good at talking myself into spending what I need to get what I want. The problem I have at the moment is that I really have no base line as far as understanding what features I need or want. I'm thinking I like the pistol grip as opposed to the traditional type of stock. I believe I can see 500-700 for a budget.

The XLR Element would serve you very well. XLR Industries | Element-chassis

I have their tactical stock on my Evolution and it works really well with this rear bag from Triad. https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    The XLR Element would serve you very well. XLR Industries | Element-chassis

I have their tactical stock on my Evolution and it works really well with this rear bag from Triad. https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

I think I have seen a pic of your rifle in the thread ChristianPatriot did. This is the same system he used too if I'm not mistaken. If I go that route, I'll need to come up with something unique so I can say it's not totally a carbon copy gun. Got to admit, it's a nice looking system.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think I have seen a pic of your rifle in the thread ChristianPatriot did. This is the same system he used too if I'm not mistaken. If I go that route, I'll need to come up with something unique so I can say it's not totally a carbon copy gun. Got to admit, it's a nice looking system.

Phylodog is a professional, literally. No shame in trying to copy that, but I get it if you want something unique.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I didn't mean I wasn't willing to copy... Just saying I have to add at least something that is original :)

BTW, thanks guys for sending me to Alan. I'm sure it has been said here before, but I can't say enough about how helpful he is. Like dealing with family ( the part of the family you like dealing with that is).

Top Bottom