• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I got the itch several months ago, after thinking about it I decided to get a Ruger SR45. Went to the LGS and when he didn't have one I brought home a Ruger American in 45acp. Nothing ever really works out in my life, I kinda just go with the flow.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Did that a few years ago. Great 3-4 years, then couldn't wait to get rid of that money pit. Now wish I had another.

Ya they always need a little something to keep them going. I've already been to Cabelas for parts to fix a fuel leak.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    A 45 followed me home a couple of weeks ago so it could play steel challenge and have some fun. We're getting along nicely...

i had a new rim fire rifle follow me home after shooting a steel match about a month ago..
    last week, a new mkIV 22/45 tactical followed me home...

:cheers:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    finally got to a gun store to check out the M&P compact and full size nines. They are real close to one another. Hard to decide which way to go. But then...I picked up a VP9. Oh oh, now I have some research and more thinking! That pistol felt great in my hand!:)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    finally got to a gun store to check out the M&P compact and full size nines. They are real close to one another. Hard to decide which way to go. But then...I picked up a VP9. Oh oh, now I have some research and more thinking! That pistol felt great in my hand!:)

I want a vp9. Waiting on the right deal on a threaded one myself. A threaded MP 2.0 in 45 it's next on my list tho. I need a pistol host for my jailed it suppressor before the stamp comes back.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    After some searching it appears that Cabela's has the best price on the VP9? $529. I'll keep looking, but I haven't found anything less yet.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    After some searching it appears that Cabela's has the best price on the VP9? $529. I'll keep looking, but I haven't found anything less yet.

Last year hk ran a magazine promotion in augustish timeframe. I'm not in a hurry to scratch the vp9 itch so I'm going to wait for a promo, especially with the cost of the vp9 mags. 50 dollars back on an m&p with a dd214, and blue label glock prices with a dd214 are calling my name right now.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    It’s called an addiction which includes almost uncontrollable urges to get new firearms. There is no known cure for this addiction. I have heard that buying a new firearm does tame the urge from time to time. Things could be worse with other addictions like fancy cars, boats, etc. Best of luck. LOL

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Last year hk ran a magazine promotion in augustish timeframe. I'm not in a hurry to scratch the vp9 itch so I'm going to wait for a promo, especially with the cost of the vp9 mags. 50 dollars back on an m&p with a dd214, and blue label glock prices with a dd214 are calling my name right now.

I can wait until August to see if they run that again. I'd like to shoot one first anyway if I can find time and one to demo. I should probably try the PPQ and the P320 while I'm at it. :)

I do know that in the hand the VP9 feels the best.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I can wait until August to see if they run that again. I'd like to shoot one first anyway if I can find time and one to demo. I should probably try the PPQ and the P320 while I'm at it. :)

I do know that in the hand the VP9 feels the best.

I really like my P320 compact, but I shoot the PPQ M1 a little better and the VP9 a little worse. I also had an issue where a pin kept walking itself out on the VP9 that I don't remember taking out, myself. I finally grabbed something pointy to push it past flush and it clicked into place (after finding it in the gravel the second time).

If it weren't for the P365, I was seriously considering getting a holster to start carrying the PPQ instead of the 320.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s called an addiction which includes almost uncontrollable urges to get new firearms. There is no known cure for this addiction. I have heard that buying a new firearm does tame the urge from time to time. Things could be worse with other addictions like fancy cars, boats, etc. Best of luck. LOL

1. That explains alot about my usual boring normal behaviors being disrupted since last May. :laugh:

Top Bottom