• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a bicycle?

E-bikes let you work as hard as you want to, or are capable of. From no electric assistance, to full twist-grip throttle at 25 miles an hour. For my wife and I, her with a replaced knee and I with a hip, it's gotten us back on the road moving again, and that's always a good thing. Our 10 speeds wait patiently for us to be capable of riding them again.

They're used for a myriad of purposes. For instance, I use mine down on our Southern properties. I can tour the whole property silently through the trails in minutes, whereas it would take me hours of walking that I'm not capable of yet. Silent mobility through the woods is a special thing.

Many other uses once you have one. Short commutes to the hardware store, grocery store, Etc. Just jump on the e-bike instead of the car, and it becomes an adventure instead of a chore.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wife and I love our Radcity e-bikes. Good range, $1400 each. Class 2 but I hacked mine to get up to 24 mph. Wife and I wish we had these as kids, could go so much farther without killing yourself and faster. My son and his wife after riding ours got 2 Wired e-bikes. $2000 each but have a 80 mile range, can set from class 1,2,or 3. They go 40 mph. We ride mostly the paved railroad tracks. Very peaceful and no traffic with lots of woods.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Bought the wife an Admotor bike after talking to people that had them while we were camping. Very satisfied with the construction. As an old mechanic they have a heavy frame, good welds, and strong layout.

Looked for a trailer hitch bike carrier the other day for it. Bicycle carriers were $50 - $100. Searched bike carriers :ugh: $350-$700......

Went to Harbor Freight and bought a 400 lb capacity motorcycle carrier for $149.

Don

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    We have seen people racing around on the local trails with their e-bikes and nearly running us off the trail. Having observed lots of them for a long time, I can assure you that NO ONE just pedals these. They are all using power assist on everything but downhills, and sometimes even then. They are going much faster than us regular cyclists, and usually hauling a lot more weight. So I give them a wide berth whenever possible. Only certain types will be permitted to ride the Hilly this year, as they can be a hazard to navigation.

This is what SWMBO will be getting this Thursday, to possibly replace the 1985 Trek 400 that she has put about 40,000 miles on:
    349357980_6142694732462751_2339865924172957872_n.jpg

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    We have seen people racing around on the local trails with their e-bikes and nearly running us off the trail. Having observed lots of them for a long time, I can assure you that NO ONE just pedals these. They are all using power assist on everything but downhills, and sometimes even then. They are going much faster than us regular cyclists, and usually hauling a lot more weight. So I give them a wide berth whenever possible. Only certain types will be permitted to ride the Hilly this year, as they can be a hazard to navigation.

This is what SHMBO will be getting this Thursday, to possibly replace the 1985 Trek 400 that she has put about 40,000 miles on:
    View attachment 297410
    It is often not the means of transportation that is the problem, but the user. It is mostly a lack of respect for others.

I hike, bicycle, and drive. I do not attribute rude, even unsafe, behavior to one group more than another.
    Here are a few complaints some have of others.
    Groups of slow walkers will take up the while trail instead of staying to one side.
    Fast riders will pass close by without warning.
    People walk their dogs on a long leash.
    On the road bicyclists take up more room than they need to and often unpredictable moves.
    Motorized vehicles on the road will cut off a cyclist for spite.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I don't have much issue with walkers, since it's their trail too (that's why I have a bell), and the vast majority of dog walkers move off to the side when we pass. Apparently the prohibition on motorized vehicles doesn't apply to certain motorized vehicles. I can see that for wheelchairs. But "bicycles?" Some of these "bicycles" have as much power/speed as a moped, but those are prohibited.

As a legal vehicle in Indiana, how much room I need is irrelevant (though I always stay as far right as possible)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I can tell you that everybody that I know riding a E-bike is an a-hole. Every damn one of them. No exceptions. :cool:

Top Bottom