• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    So I got my personal protection license finally after 5 months, yippee, except I paid for a lifetime and got a 4yr?? Now what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hopefully you have adequate documentation and can take it up with one of the bureaucrats. Good luck dealing with anyone in the government, though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So I got my personal protection license finally after 5 months, yippee, except I paid for a lifetime and got a 4yr?? Now what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Maybe they know something you don't...
    smiley-grim.gif

J/k, I'll be back in a sec with a number for you to call...

Here it is: 317-233-5054 press 0 to speak to a real person and explain your situation politely. They deal with angry calls daily and are much more helpful when you are pleasant.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Heard from one of the gun shop loungers that the lifetime ltch has been discontiued and they are sending out the 4 year as a replacement.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Heard from one of the gun shop loungers that the lifetime ltch has been discontiued and they are sending out the 4 year as a replacement.

Even if this was true you'd be grandfathered in or at least recieve a refund for the lifetime. It was a simple error in documentation, if you have proof of how much you paid and proof this is what you applied for, it shouldn't be a problem. Now getting it done in a timely manner won't happen but money is a rare commidity so call someone and get it fixed. I would simply go to the police station where you filed it out and be really nice. Believe it or not the cops want to help you, usually. A 4 year is $75 while a lifetime is $125 so the proof of the amount of your certified money order should help. Good luck :)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    E I would simply go to the police station where you filed it out and be really nice. Believe it or not the cops want to help you, usually. A 4 year is $75 while a lifetime is $125 so the proof of the amount of your certified money order should help. Good luck :)

The state police are the actual issuer. I would start there.

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Good luck with this one. I applied Jan. 28th and still have not received mine. I was told that I was put into the FBI to dig deeper pile. The only thing my wife and I can think of is a name change that I did through the court system in 1991. Still, it put me into the need further information pile which added another 8 - 10 weeks of waiting.

Please repost with the outcome.

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    So far I have collected all my info and documentation, and called the fort wayne records, they checked and everything was correct own their end. I have emailed as directed by the answering service when calling the ISP. So far i have been unable to get an actual human on the phone. I will keep you posted. In a unrelated topic i was able to find some federal .45acp at walmart in apple glen!

smith7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    ft wayne
    So I got through to a lady about an hour go, she took my license #(from the 4yr), put me on hold for a few minutes. Then came back told me she had corrected the mistake, and was mailing the new lifetime today, and my 4yr was still valid. Score, that was almost too easy!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I got through to a lady about an hour go, she took my license #(from the 4yr), put me on hold for a few minutes. Then came back told me she had corrected the mistake, and was mailing the new lifetime today, and my 4yr was still valid. Score, that was almost too easy!

That was easy! Glad you got it straightened out!

Top Bottom