Gotta See On in Person, May have to Have One!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Chiappa is now making a .22 LR replica of the late production M1 carbines! Listed under their "Citadel" series on the Legacy Sports (exclusive importer) website. Holt Bodinson did a write-up on it in his "Rimfires" column in "Guns" magazine and now I really want to check one out.

Just what I need: yet another .22 plinker. I tell ya, it's an addiction!

gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just got one, and it's a beauty. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it feels a lot like an M1. I had to do a google search for it and found it at Bud's. For some reason, it didn't show up in Bud's search engine.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I already have two 10/22s: a Compact and a Wally World stainless "International" into which I've put way too much money on mods. Butler Creek Light Varminter tapered heavy barrel, polymer stock, Volquartsen action kit, scope, etc. I used to have two of the Wally specials, but traded the "un-fussed-with" one for a sweet old 6 7/8" bbl. Browning Nomad a while back. Being a Certifiable Rimfire Junkie, I also have more than a dozen others of various makes and action styles. I tell ya again: It's a disease!

I had a CMP GI surplus M1 carbine for a while when I was a young man. Ended up trading it off many years ago when getting a supply of cheap surplus ammo started to be a problem. Always regretted it, especially when I look at the prices they'll bring now.

With an MSRP about half of what a decent condition original goes for and having essentially the same weight and dimensions, plus using cartridges cheap enough for me to shoot it all day long without busting the budget I'm really interested in having one. Just want to look it over in person first, as I've gotten fired-up from a magazine article before, ordered something sight unseen and been seriously disappointed.

Top Bottom