• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    This bill will never make it and it makes me sad. The bible said to go forth and use all seed bearing plants. That is good enough for me, so if that is your choice that is your choice who is the law to say its wrong? The only thing that I have ever seen destroyed by someone who has been smoking is the groceries they just brought home. I was reading the paper yesterday and they arrested and imprisoned a 69 year old man for possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana sense the new laws say arrest for every offense.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    How stupid can you get allowing this to happen? A drug dealer is committing a "soft crime"? These scum get kids, adults, etc. hooked on cocaine & meth and ruins the lives of those they get hooked, if not in essence killing them because they've overdosed on the stuff. Drug dealers are killers and murderers just as much as the other guys for "hard crimes"

I couldn't agree more. The drug dealers who forcefully inject cocaine and meth into little kids who don't want it should be treated as a murderer. As for the people who willfully want (insert object x) in their body, that's called free will, my friend. And you absolutely cannot have freedom without free will.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I couldn't agree more. The drug dealers who forcefully inject cocaine and meth into little kids who don't want it should be treated as a murderer. As for the people who willfully want (insert object x) in their body, that's called free will, my friend. And you absolutely cannot have freedom without free will.

If someone is taking in the drugs they will find a way to get it no matter what, the supplier isn't the issue the addiction is. That is on the same line of thinking that gun bans will keep criminals from carrying guns because it is against the law.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    We need to get nonviolent drug abusers out of the justice system and into the healthcare system. This law would be a great first step.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We need to get nonviolent drug abusers out of the justice system and into the healthcare system. This law would be a great first step.

Who's going to pay for that? A roll of toilet paper costs $1.00 in prison. The same roll of toilet paper is $39.95 in the health care system.

Cut them all loose and legalize it all, I could care less. Just don't ask me to pay for their addiction treatment or allow "I was high" to be an excuse in the courtroom.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cut them all loose and legalize it all, I could care less. Just don't ask me to pay for their addiction treatment or allow "I was high" to be an excuse in the courtroom.

Now this is the idea I was waiting for someone to come up with! :) :yesway: Instead of passing the buck to this system or that (which all government or "organizational" systems are complete failures against people and their "whims"), bring back personal accountability and responsibility into the mix.

Granted, the tidal wave of people yelling "libtard" or "totalitarian" will come yelling about court costs. But, on the other hand, while it will not be illegal to do dope, it would be illegal to incidentally kill someone while drinking and driving (or drugged and driving). No more "it's society's fault for not rehabbing or locking up the user", it would focus on what happened when that user was cracked out of his mind.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what do junkies do when theyre not incarcerated? they get jobs right? they have health insurance right? they abide by gun laws right? they'd never think of taking something that doesnt belong to them right? and of course, we're not going to have to pay for their bad decisions as they freely roam the streets. Drugs? Violence? Yeah, not related at all. Gangbangers kill each other and other people, simply because they don't like the colors someone else is wearing.... right?

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    What is the driving motivation to manufacture and sell illegal substances? Money, that is why every criminal organization in the world at least dabbles in it. It is one of the quickest ways to make money with out a lot of collateral. Now what is the driving force behind crime, ding you got it right again money. There are two deciding factors in this world that control people, Love (and emotion in a more wider sense) and Money. Remove the money factor from illegal substances and you will see the crime associated with it plummet, nobody wants in the business if the profit is gone and they have to start paying taxes. The motivation isn't the drug for the distributors it is the money. Addicts are driven to crime to pay the high prices for the things they so highly look for. Most if not all the people I have seen lie, cheat, and steal from their friends and families are all chasing a chemically manufactured substance whether it be prescription pills or meth. I have never seen someone steal from their friends and family to buy an organic that wasn't already a POS before they ever got into putting things in their body. Granted there is an exception to every case but I am stating my opinion based on what I have seen first hand.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Who's going to pay for that? A roll of toilet paper costs $1.00 in prison. The same roll of toilet paper is $39.95 in the health care system.

Don't assume things that are not in my words. Let them pay for their own treatment. The point is to change the way people think about drug use. If we think of it as a criminal problem, then the courts will deal with them and either send them to jail or court mandated rehab. If we think of it as a health problem, like smoking cigarettes or being a fatass, then they can either get help on their own or die on their own, just like everyone else with health problems.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    tookem long enough to start coming around. now to legalize marijuana, and having a belief in the constitution.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't assume things that are not in my words. Let them pay for their own treatment. The point is to change the way people think about drug use. If we think of it as a criminal problem, then the courts will deal with them and either send them to jail or court mandated rehab. If we think of it as a health problem, like smoking cigarettes or being a fatass, then they can either get help on their own or die on their own, just like everyone else with health problems.

I didn't assume anything, I didn't imply that you were suggesting that their "health care" become a burden on everyone else. The fact is that they won't be turned away regardless if they can pay for treatment or not and when they don't pay, the rest of us do. That's why a roll of toilet paper is $39.95 at a hospital. Legalizing drugs or letting these people out of prison isn't going to change that.

Top Bottom