• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Country Boy is the self appointed Internet cop for the 'guvmint, that and $3.40 will get you a gallon of gas.
    Not quite... I just don't want to see anybody, especially an INGO member get in trouble because they bragged about their theft to the wrong person.

It doesn't matter how many years you served our country, what special tasks you've done, or how much community service you've done, or what you did out of the kindness of your heart. Taking things that legally belong to the federal government, even if they are "trash" is still stealing. That is not just my opinion, that is the federal government's opinion.

It doesn't matter if you truly take real trash out of a dumpster and save them from disposal fees etc, they still look on it as theft.

I personally don't care if you got some brass etc that way, that is great for you, and I'm jealous. But I just wouldn't go around bragging about it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    people seem to forget how many military bases are in this State, as well as the number of active duty, reserve and veterans who peruse this site.

Should heed the wise advise posted above.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF!!

I saw this post and ordered 35 pounds. I got it yesterday and was pretty disappointed!:xmad: I now own an expensive pile of scrap brass. I haven't weeded through it yet but I'd say about half has dents and smashed/deformed necks.:( Their description of "good" is quite an exaggeration. Maybe when I find my camera I will add some pics here so you can see what can be expected if you order.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Post some pictures of the bad ones. Unless the neck is split, you can straighten them up with a punch. Small dents in the body aren't that big a deal either.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Post some pictures of the bad ones. Unless the neck is split, you can straighten them up with a punch. Small dents in the body aren't that big a deal either.

I agree, if the necks or sides aren't split I don't see why you can't use them. I mean a few small dents in the cases will expand when fired the next time. Unless you are loading compressed loads this shouldn't be much of a problem. I wonder if the cleaned brass is in better shape. :dunno: Might be worth the extra $20 (I think) to order the cleaned brass if you don't want to have to do some extra work....

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Unfortunately a lot of them are deformed, crooked, and some are smashed.:( I would be afraid the cleaned stuff is shiny but effed up....

Top Bottom