• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As I said I get the surplus news e-mails as well and did not receive this one. I guess I am just worried because I just bought a lot for $20K

Last edited:

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As of Monday March 16th

As of Monday all the pending auctions on the Government Liquidation Web site that were selling brass were pulled. 2 auctions still on the site. They both require the mutilation of the brass. I have included the text and a link for people to read. In the past these have not required mutilation.

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

LOT (4, 043LBS) APPROXIMATE OF FIRED BRASS TO INLCUDE: (2, 908LBS) APPROX OF 5. 56; (50LBS) APPROX OF 7. 62 LINKS; (66LBS) APPROX OF 5. 56 LINKS; (368LBS) APPROX OF 7. 62; (651LBS) APPROX OF 9MM. PROPERTY IS STORED IN CARDBOARD BOXES AND ON (9) PALLETS WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN WEIGHT AND SALE. NO PREVIEW FOR THIS SALE. THIS IS A UNMANNED SITE, LOAD OUTS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. BASE SCALES AVAILABLE FOR WEIGHING OF CONVEYANCE. ALL SCRAP UNDER THIS CONTRACT REQUIRES MUTILATION BY THE BUYER PRIOR TO REMOVAL IF ALLOWED BY THE INSTALLATION OR MUTILATION MUST BE WITNESSED AND CERTIFIED BY DOD SURPLUS PERSONNEL AT ANOTHER FACILITY. TITLE TO THE MATERIAL DOES NOT PASS TO THE BUYER UNTIL THE SCRAP HAS BEEN MUTILATED. BUYER AGREES TO ALLOW USG PERSONNEL TO WITNESS DESTRUCTION.

This is word for word what was on the site as I cut and pasted it. The other lot listed does not state a demil code it just states that mutilation is required.

Last edited:

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The owner of Georgia Arms was on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk this past sunday talking about it. Georgia Arms is the 5th largest ammunition producer in the country. He said that if he loses this contract, his company will be cut in half.

Does anyone have a sample letter that I can email?

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    All of the dealers specializing in once-fired brass that I checked this morning had updates on their websites explaining the new policy. I don't think this should suprise anyone, I expect a new ammo tax to be forthcoming- in the name of helping the economic crisis. Democrats love taxes, and if it pushes their agenda- that's even better! You don't have to ban guns if you can make it to where the average citizen can't find/afford ammunition for them.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I thought we were supposed to reduce, REUSE, and RECYCLE! Apparently that doesn't apply to brass. Bunch of liberal hypocrites. (spit)

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well without trying to post to many conflicting stories here is a copy of the Email I got today.

We just received word the mutilation requirement is only for fired shells exceeding 50mm.
    As your invoice is for notably smaller shells, the sale will proceed as normal, and you will not be required to mutilate them – they can be used for reloading as you’d planned.

Thanks!

Arana K. Wolin
    Document Verification Supervisor
    Government Liquidation, LLC
    DOD Surplus, LLC
    15051 N Kierland Blvd. #300
    Scottsdale, AZ 85254
    (480) 609-3306 direct telephone
    (480) 596-4480 fax

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really where? They used to sell the demilled primers and you could load with them. I have not seen that stuff for sale for years though.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    hum???
    Did the gov do a 180 turn around?

Exposing the GovCrims pays off :rockwoot:

Great news! It appears the destruction of military once fired brass has ended with a reversal of DoD policy.

Who says complaining does not pay off. (Refer back to last alert).

Please read the latest from the MSSA.........

Dear MSSA Friends,

I just received a phone call from the office of U.S. Senator Tester of Montana to inform me that at 5:15 (EST) today a letter cosigned by Senator Tester (D-MT) and Senator Baucus (D-MT) was faxed to the Department of Defense asking DoD to reverse its new policy requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass. At 5:30, I am told, Tester's office received a fax back from DoD saying that the brass destruction policy IS reversed.
    Others report to me that they are already seeing evidence of this on the Websites of entities that liquidate surplus DoD commodities.

Our thanks go out to Senator Tester and Senator Baucus, and their staff, for getting on this problem promptly and making the reversal happen
    Staff for Tester and Baucus promise they will get me the documentation for this reversal tomorrow morning. I'll forward that when I get it.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association

http://www.mtssa.org

author, Gun Laws of Montana

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!
    You mean we actually won a battle in this war?
    OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!

Don't pop out the bubble just yet private! We have a long run ahead of us but this sure is a moral booster!

Top Bottom