• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    May be wrong forum, but does anyone know how to stop government junk mail, or contribution solicitation?

My father receives this by the truck load. I just found out he has been giving his fixed income to these people, in larger amounts than he can afford. He is starting a little dementia which is only aggravating the situation, but they are scaring him with this stuff, and he believes he can really help.

Makes me sick at how they go about this. After he sent money once, it is coming from everywhere. I knew he did it a few times, but just found a log he has kept, and I about keeled over. I have addressed this with him, but to no avail.

I already e-mailed DCCC who is bombing him out of the water with mailings. Not sure what else to do.

Any info is appreciated. Thank You!!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    In to look for answers. Unfortunately, politicians have written exceptions to e-mail spam, junk mail, and phone opt-out laws, so they are almost impossible to get out of cleanly. Even if you opt out of one list, it is certain that there are a number of others with his contact info that are still sharing it around. I've found that when I opt out of business e-mails/etc., they are virtually 100% successful, but political solicitations/mailings are virtually the opposite.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This may not be the answer you are looking for, but you need to get control of his accounts. The same thing happened to my late father and those scum-sucking dirt bags would have cleaned him out if my sister hadn't intervened and gotten control of his finances.

Deductive reasoning is one of the first things to go. And, as we age, our emotions tend to get the better of us.

Good luck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is there a way to intercept the mail solicitations? Maybe get him a PO Box? At least that way you could collect his mail and cull the trash before he gets it. My mom would give a few bucks to different charities and they would bombard here with requests for more money. They would sell her info to others and they'd send requests for more money. It never got bad enough for us to intervene but the more you give, the more they'll sollicit.

Top Bottom