• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If the government shuts down, is the ATF considered "essential?" If not, would that mean the unconstitutional NFA tax be waved? Could you imagine the amount of NFA items bought if it actually happened? Wouldn't that be nice!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was just wondering if NICS would be open if a shutdown happens...

That could be some right bad juju for a lot of retailers.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I received this email from the FBI NICS today:

"The NICS will be operating with a limited staff if a furlough takes place. The staff will be handling all incoming calls and working NICS transactions in the event of a furlough."

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    If the government shuts down, is the ATF considered "essential?" If not, would that mean the unconstitutional NFA tax be waved? Could you imagine the amount of NFA items bought if it actually happened? Wouldn't that be nice!

Even if the gov shuts down, you would still have to pay the crap tax... just cause they are not "open" doesn't change the law... although it would be AWESOME if it did. :cool:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    this brings up a question I thought of earlier... if the fed shuts down, does that include the state brances as well? if it does, I'm goin' to be P.O.'ed!!! waiting for my LTCH to come back from Indy. which now that I think of it... of course the Indy brach of the ATFE will be shutdown... still te same Fed. Govt. department... wow, sometimes I even scare myself! :dunno:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    this brings up a question I thought of earlier... if the fed shuts down, does that include the state brances as well? if it does, I'm goin' to be P.O.'ed!!! waiting for my LTCH to come back from Indy. which now that I think of it... of course the Indy brach of the ATFE will be shutdown... still te same Fed. Govt. department... wow, sometimes I even scare myself! :dunno:

I believe your LTCH is processed by the Indiana State Police, so I wouldn't worry too much.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    so, this shouldn't effect my form 1 that went pending about 2 weeks ago? somebody help me understand these murky waters
    Yes, it will, if the fed shuts down they will burn all applications currently in the pile and you will have to resubmit yours after they start back up again.

Ok, sorry, just venting.

The ATF NFA examiners are non-essential GS workers and will be shut down. What this means is that they won't be processing forms for the amount of time that they're shut down and your form will be delayed approximately that time.

If your form was sent in 2 weeks ago you have nothing to worry about. If they shut down for a week or two, it's not going to be noticeable on top of the 4 months you have to wait yet.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I'm guessing NFA paperwork will pile up unprocessed. :dunno:
    I'm guessing it will, they don't need an excuse to let it back up. Talked to an examiner one time, ask if she got the mail I sent her...she replied, "oh I don't know I haven't check my mail in weeks." "Call back in a few days and I will check":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom