• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    South Bend city govt is now pro"Safe Places" also.I am sure they would also sell it if and when they can or already do.I am sure the only requirements would be to register to vote and to vote Commicrat.It is in the top 2 most violent cities in Indiana.The Mayor will probably be on the 2020 ticket.He is a Real Fireball.South Bend is a real 21st Century City.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where do I place my heroine order?

2d29hqo.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Better yet, they have implantable naltrexone sticks that block opioids for several years. They work exceptionally well. Detox people and then stick these in their arms. Only way to beat the blocker is take an insane overdose of an opioid or physically cut it out.

people on suboxone just stop taking it when they want to shoot heroin. Then they restart suboxone when the party time is over. I see it all the time.

They also sell the suboxone strips to buy more drugs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They also sell the suboxone strips to buy more drugs.

I talked to a guy from Indiana DOC yesterday (he's a VA patient and I noticed his State ID, just to be clear :D). He said an 8/2MG strip can get cut into 16 pieces and bring up to $400.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I talked to a guy from Indiana DOC yesterday (he's a VA patient and I noticed his State ID, just to be clear :D). He said an 8/2MG strip can get cut into 16 pieces and bring up to $400.

I first heard about them when I found a cell phone in our yard out by the road. Intercepted some texts. Apparently the owner was an addict because he was looking for "strips". Took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Criminalizing it hasn't really turned out to be much of a success either.

What would decriminalizing get you? It’s already readily available and dirt cheap. People who want heroin get heroin. If we agree it kills you easily, isn’t the criminal justice system a safe place for them? Or is the goal of deceiminalization to allow them to die quicker?

keep it illegal. Offer them jail time or forced implantation of naltrexone. And enforce the urine drug screens. I see ODs with ankle bracelets on all the time. They don’t fear the system

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I really don't care if she's heroic. I just want to know if she's hot. ;)

Of course, if it is government supplied my meter if firmly in the skeptical range.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Decriminalizing erodes at the black market and the problems that it brings. It reduces the related arrests for possession and the jail/prison overcrowding that is keeping violent criminals free to create legitimate victims. It empowers the criminal drug cartels and funds segments of our enemies overseas whose primary source of income lies within the poppy fields.

The war on drugs is a failure in every sense of the word. It succeeds on only one thing and that is burning billions of dollars.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Decriminalizing erodes at the black market and the problems that it brings. It reduces the related arrests for possession and the jail/prison overcrowding that is keeping violent criminals free to create legitimate victims. It empowers the criminal drug cartels and funds segments of our enemies overseas whose primary source of income lies within the poppy fields.

The war on drugs is a failure in every sense of the word. It succeeds on only one thing and that is burning billions of dollars.

I think it goes deeper than that. It may burn billions of dollars, but it drives LOTS of industry and service jobs, while also creating a perpetual underclass. It arguable that war on drugs is doing exactly what it was meant to do; which isn't related to the reduction of drug use... think along the lines of the military industrial complex.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I think it goes deeper than that. It may burn billions of dollars, but it drives LOTS of industry and service jobs, while also creating a perpetual underclass. It arguable that war on drugs is doing exactly what it was meant to do; which isn't related to the reduction of drug use... think along the lines of the military industrial complex.

I agree with both of you. The war on drugs has been a failure for the people, because it accomplished exactly what it was designed for.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

You are correct but I don't typically mention that aspect for a couple of reasons. It rings of a conspiracy theory which shuts a lot of people down very quickly and it isn't as clear and easy to understand as the fact that illegal narcotics are a larger problem now than they were when the war was declared. Just like everything else society has attempted to prohibit, those attempts tend to have the opposite affect on the problem.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You are correct but I don't typically mention that aspect for a couple of reasons. It rings of a conspiracy theory which shuts a lot of people down very quickly and it isn't as clear and easy to understand as the fact that illegal narcotics are a larger problem now than they were when the war was declared. Just like everything else society has attempted to prohibit, those attempts tend to have the opposite affect on the problem.

Because government can't legislate morality, no matter how hard they try.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

How does any of that help the end user? supposedly we’ll get “clean” suppplies of heroin with known potency and no fentanyl/carfentanil? I thought the goal was to stop OD deaths and the destruction of families

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How does any of that help the end user? supposedly we’ll get “clean” suppplies of heroin with known potency and no fentanyl/carfentanil? I thought the goal was to stop OD deaths and the destruction of families
    When did that become the goal?

The goals should be: to stop wasting billions of dollar fighting this "war", stop creating criminals, stop funneling billions of dollars to drug cartels, stop incentivizing being in street gangs, cut down on the violence associated with gangs fighting over drug turf, stop the police from harassing law abiding citizens looking for the next drug mule, etc.

Some people are going to be addicted to stuff. That is how humans are. Making the stuff they are going to get addicted to illegal will not stop it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I thought the goal was to stop OD deaths and the destruction of families

How does continued criminalization accomplish that?
    there's some famous expression about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

Very few people smoke any more... Did the govt ban tobacco? Maybe some lessons there about awareness and public perception?

If we ended the "war on drugs," then by using just 10% of the money spent on DEA and other enforcement activities, plus the jailing, etc could fund a LOT of treatment activities, not to mention reduce the prison overcrowding and thus the revolving door that leads to so many violent crimes across the nation (ie keep the truly violent locked up). We could better HELP people addicted (is imprisonment really "help?!") while also benefiting other aspects of society.

2c

-rvb

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How does continued criminalization accomplish that?
    there's some famous expression about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

Very few people smoke any more... Did the govt ban tobacco? Maybe some lessons there about awareness and public perception?

If we ended the "war on drugs," then by using just 10% of the money spent on DEA and other enforcement activities, plus the jailing, etc could fund a LOT of treatment activities, not to mention reduce the prison overcrowding and thus the revolving door that leads to so many violent crimes across the nation (ie keep the truly violent locked up). We could better HELP people addicted (is imprisonment really "help?!") while also benefiting other aspects of society.

2c

-rvb

government doesn’t ban smoking because they make too much money off of it.

You can’t use the argument that keeping it illegal is somehow “doing the same thing over again”. It’s been illegal for decades but we’ve only recently seen a Spike in deaths. I’m not ready to say it’s because it’s illegal :dunno:

black market pot is cheaper than legal pot. So we think heroin people will spend more on “cleaner” industrial heroin so they are safer? And then what, go back to dirty needles to save money? Or spend more on clean ones. I dunno, complex problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    government doesn’t ban smoking because they make too much money off of it.

You can’t use the argument that keeping it illegal is somehow “doing the same thing over again”. It’s been illegal for decades but we’ve only recently seen a Spike in deaths. I’m not ready to say it’s because it’s illegal :dunno:

black market pot is cheaper than legal pot. So we think heroin people will spend more on “cleaner” industrial heroin so they are safer? And then what, go back to dirty needles to save money? Or spend more on clean ones. I dunno, complex problem.
    Did you notice that the spike in deaths roughly corresponded to the timing of tightening of restrictions for prescribing opioids? I did... I think that it had unintended consequences. You had people that could no longer get their safe (but addictive) prescriptions, so they turned to a much more dangerous alternative. I'm of the opinion that if they had left well enough alone (lesser of two evils perhaps), that we wouldn't be seeing nearly as many heroin/fentanyl overdoses. But instead of doing that, they're suggesting that "safe" heroin be provided to these same people that were probably just fine (relatively speaking) on their hydrocodone/oxycodone. What happened during prohibition? Deaths and blindness spiked from people drinking wood alcohol. Same analogy applies I think.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Criminalizing it hasn't really turned out to be much of a success either.

Not that I philosophically disagree, but until heroin is available openly in a basically free market to all, how would we possibly know what our society would look like? For all we know, it has been a raging success as compared to the alternative.

Every time some says: "it can't get any worse"....it does.

Top Bottom