Government to Suspend Cash For Clunkers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Government to suspend 'cash for clunkers' - WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY |

Government to suspend 'cash for clunkers'

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 7:47 PM EDT Updated: Jul 30, 2009 8:31 PM EDT
    10822743_BG1.jpg

Most Popular

Fort Campbell high school football player dies

Mom, boyfriend charged in death of girl, 2

34 hospitalized after co-worker sprays perfume

Priest removed after allegations of sexual abuse

Woman allegedly runs over husband after argument

UofL Police issue warning after series of street crimes

WASHINGTON (AP) - Congressional officials say the government plans to suspend the popular "cash for clunkers" program amid concerns it could quickly use up the $1 billion in rebates for new car purchases.
    The Transportation Department called congressional offices late Thursday to alert them to the decision to halt the program, which offered owners of old cars and trucks $3,500 or $4,500 toward a new, more fuel-efficient vehicle.
    The congressional officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.
    Through late Wednesday, 22,782 vehicles had been purchased through the program and nearly $96 million had been spent. But dealers raised concerns of large backlogs in the system, prompting the suspension.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    One of the dealerships was talking on the news tonight about people having to repay the $4500 they got for this.

If I bought a car and signed the legal paperwork (all 128 pages of the cash for clunkers), good luck getting your money backs, fools!

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    I wonder though, how many of the people jumping to take this Gov handout, are the very ones railing against the gov for all the spending and bailouts. Clearly, this has been a huge success and the dealers/consumers want it to continue. I actually wouldnt be surprised if a lot of domestic cars are being sold due to this program. There were a number of reports signaling that we are buying a lot more domestic cars in recent months.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    This is the name of the game with this administration. There were Billions, no TRILLIONS to line the pockets of the fat cats in the corporations, but when it becomes time to give the real Americans something, well, this Administration just can't afford it..... Sacrifices have to be made, but not by everyone. You won't see Nancy Pelosi give up her private jet that ferry's her back and forth between DC and home every week. Which, BTW, she recently upgraded because the fuel stop the old jet had to make took too much time. This costs us taxpayers $60k a trip, thank you very much. But you don't see any sacrifices there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Now I feel sorry for Ford. Have you seen all the TV ads for the CfC program????? There goes about a $100mil out the windown. Good job obamatard!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    By virtue of the nature of this program, I take it that GM has been stimulated enough to not be subsidized anymore? After all we exhausted the funds that taxpayers gave them.

Otherwise what was the point?

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Come on this is a good plan. Lets go spend thousands to save a few hundred dollars a year on gas. Then when I get layed off in a week,few weeks or couple months they will just repo it. Sounds like a good plan to me. Note the sarcasm please.

Top Bottom