• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    +1 For Tenn. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Only a few days ago, Gov. Phil Bredesen said he was sick and tired of all the political chest-thumping on the immigration issue, so he refused to sign the legislature's "Praising Arizona" resolution. A few minutes ago, Bredesen did sign Tennessee's version of Arizona's law. We're talking about legislation that basically requires anyone who talks or looks like a foreigner to carry documentation proving they're in this country legally. We guess the governor's disgust with demagogues was only temporary.

This is the bill that the ACLU urged the governor to veto. ACLU director Hedy Weinberg called it un-American and warned it would lead to racial profiling. Once again, we have been witness to the awesome influence of the ACLU in this state. Who needs civil liberties anyway?

Governor Ignores ACLU, Signs Anti-Immigration Bill | Pith in the Wind | Nashville Scene

Good for Tenn, and screw the ACLU :noway:

If the illegals dont like it, GTHO!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I will add one to it, if some Americans do not like it they can leave.

:noway:

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Americans are well within their rights to not only dislike laws, but to gather and petition the government to change those laws. Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, made the decision to not become an American when they illegally crossed over.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Take that Illegal Aliens, one less state is going to allow you to to help destroy this country. Obama doesn't need any help from you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I think they should be barred from entering.

I love Israels approach to this situation; Big giant, Trojan like wall on the border. I think it's ridiculous for Americans to believe these guys want to be Americans.

When they fly they're own flag, operate illegally, speak a language which most Americans dont and continue to bring 'latino' culture here, instead of accepting American culture.

If I move to Sweden or Iceland, I dont retain my American ways, I adopt THEY'RE ways, custom, language, the whole deal. I dont go around getting offensive if they celebrate a Holiday which isnt Celebrated in America.

They need to stay in they're own crappy little nations; and if they want better, then they need to police themselves up; But going by statistic's, I doubt that's what they want; Spikes in crime and educational failures proves this much.

I believe France has a law, anyone given more than 8 years to a prision sentence, afterwards is exhiled from France.

That sure would clean up America.

Jcole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Ive always though we should get the Israels' to build us a wall and then have them man it for us. I think the flow of people and drugs would drop overnight.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    :noway:

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Americans are well within their rights to not only dislike laws, but to gather and petition the government to change those laws. Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, made the decision to not become an American when they illegally crossed over.
    I should have put it in purple, I really don't need a lecture on the constitution.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Personally, I don't care if any person from any country comes here and wants to make a life for themselves. As a matter of fact, I welcome it.

However, there is a process.

Ours should be much like Switzerlands. They REQUIRE you to learn their language (German, I believe... could be wrong) and they require YOU to tell them what benefits you can bring to their country and why THEY should give you citizenship.

If you don't seek to follow the rules, you have no protection under the law. It's as simple as that. If you don't like it... there's the door. Don't let it hit'cha where the Good Lord Split ya.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I don't care if any person from any country comes here and wants to make a life for themselves. As a matter of fact, I welcome it.

Ours should be much like Switzerlands. They REQUIRE you to learn their language (German, I believe... could be wrong) and they require YOU to tell them what benefits you can bring to their country and why THEY should give you citizenship.

If you don't seek to follow the rules, you have no protection under the law. It's as simple as that. If you don't like it... there's the door. Don't let it hit'cha where the Good Lord Split ya.
    German, Italian, and French..

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We're talking about legislation that basically requires anyone who talks or looks like a foreigner to carry documentation proving they're in this country legally.
    Wow!! People are proud of this statement?? Do we only care about the 2nd Amendment and not the rest??
    Amendment IV:
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

I think the French also have a system, for the immigrants - Anyone given more than 8 years of prision, is exhiled.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Wow!! People are proud of this statement?? Do we only care about the 2nd Amendment and not the rest??
    Amendment IV:
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Thanks for bringing it back into perspective. The bill of rights only grants Americans those rights, so Mexicans who come here illegally don't have our 4th Amendment rights, BUT people who ARE Americans, but happen to look like Mexicans certainly do have these rights. That's where the gigantic flaw of this plan comes to play. Sure it will crowd out the bad guys (maybe), but it will also tread all over more Americans rights, just like our LTCH. We have the right to keep and bear arms, yet we still have to show that the state says its ok too on our pink piece of paper.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Papiere Bitte! Ve zink you are a foreigner!

Wow, I think we all feel suitably chastened now. :rolleyes:

As I was driving through the State of Ohio on I75 yesterday, I personally witnessed dozens of people being stopped by State Troopers, all being required to show their papers. How terrible that must have been for those people. From what I could see none of them appeared to be Mexicans... hmmm wonder what those police could have been up to...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The ACLU is a mixed bag as they do some good for people but at the same time they also attempt to ruin a lot of the foundations that our county was formed on.

Top Bottom