Govt. 1911's hitting the private sector market?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/

CMP says it has been signed into law, but they as of yet have no further information.

Everyone I've talked to who has handled these while in the service say they're total rattle traps, but heck I'd still buy one.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They are worn out, run into the ground military ammo hoses. That said they are still cool.
    Not all of them, the issue commanding officer/MP 1911's are probably shot out, but nearly every unit was authorized, and MANY stocked, 1911 National Match pistols. These were the real deal National Match guns, my units' 4, were hand fittted at the AMU, when they still built their own guns. VERY, Very, nice pistols with extremely low round counts!( As during the 80's the Army and handguns didn't mix!). When we fielded the M9, all of those wonderful pistols were turned in to higher, higher, never to be seen again!?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not all of them, the issue commanding officer/MP 1911's are probably shot out, but nearly every unit was authorized, and MANY stocked, 1911 National Match pistols. These were the real deal National Match guns, my units' 4, were hand fittted at the AMU, when they still built their own guns. VERY, Very, nice pistols with extremely low round counts!( As during the 80's the Army and handguns didn't mix!). When we fielded the M9, all of those wonderful pistols were turned in to higher, higher, never to be seen again!?

I have a Camp Perry 1911. it is the real deal. If you "Could" get one of these then Hell yeah but I seriously doubt John Q will have the opportunity.

The sites, checkered front strap, serialized parts etc.

Last edited:

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    The Army still has to agree to sell these... Don't be surprised if this doesn't happen for at least two years.

The other thing is Obozo is as anti-gun as they come, yet signs this? Sounds very, very strange to me...

With that said, if this happens (still dont think it will), Ill be nabbing a few of em!

Top Bottom