• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Buy with confidence on that issue. They are good revolvers, easy to grip, heavy and steady.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    My son is wanting one for Christmas was wondering about accuracy. Any info would be appreciated

Just picked one up a few weeks ago and really like the way it shoots. Very well balanced, heavy enough to help with recoil and the sight picture with the fiber optic that came on mine. I've only has S&W .357s to this point. Although the trigger on the GP100 isn't quite as smooth, I really do like this gun. It's built like a tank!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ruger revolvers are the best. Heavy duty and built well. There are aftermarket stuff if the trigger needs cleaned up. Don't be afraid. If buying used check timing, forcing cone, bore, try to get a round count. Do your homework like anything else.

Can easily ring the gong at 150yrds and take a milk jug of water off a fence post at that distance with a 6" GP.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That looks like a pretty good deal.

Don't forget to factor in A) shipping and B) Transfer price.

The price itself on the site is a very good price, but chances are good that you'll pay ~$50 more than that to have it in your hands. Give a local shop a chance to price one out for you.

HOWEVER - those rosewood grips aren't being offered on all models - and seem to be a distributor exclusive. That may be worth the extra costs / hoops involved in ordering one online.

ETA: I read further - that's a police trade-in revolver. Just be aware of that. If I were in the market for one, and had the money, I'd likely jump on it myself. I had a 4" blued GP100 w/ rosewood grips at one time. I sold it for some stupid reason. (but I like my 686 way better now, though. heh)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got a 4" Target Gray Ruger GP100, and it's one gun that I will never get rid of. Very accurate, and built like a tank. Buy with confidence, Ruger revolvers are built to last.

index.jpg

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I have one that I added Williams Fire sights to. It is a great shooter. It may very well be my favorite firearm. Buy with extreme confidence.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The recent Ruger GP100 triggers feel better to me than the recent S&W. I had been shopping around for one & several vendors at the last Indy 1500 agreed. I lucked into a stainless 6" "used but never fired new in the box" for an amazing low price. It even had two grips. It shoots fantastic.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a 6" stainless, really liked it, traded it off, then missed it and bought another. They are solid, durable and accurate. You will not regret the purchase.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Every Ruger GP that I have shot or worked on is more accurate than 90% of the owners. My wife shot USPSA/steel with a GP for years and that thing was a tackdriver (and she beat a lot of guys with it including me a couple of times). All Ruger GPs could benefit from some action tuning - they're kind of rough out of the box but they are great revolvers for the price and Ruger stands behind their products very well.

Top Bottom