• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You ever buy a gun or a car that you thought was awesome at the time, only to find out "not so much" later on?

Yeah. There's no gun or car on earth more complicated than a woman. And 5 years after you buy the gun or car, it's still the same gun or car.

I married young, so I can't take credit for choosing well...I lucked out and accidentally chose a good one. But I have a couple of friends whose spouses flipped the crazy switch a couple of years in.

People change.
    I think when you get together young, you grow together, at least in some cases.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You ever buy a gun or a car that you thought was awesome at the time, only to find out "not so much" later on?

Yeah. There's no gun or car on earth more complicated than a woman. And 5 years after you buy the gun or car, it's still the same gun or car.

I married young, so I can't take credit for choosing well...I lucked out and accidentally chose a good one. But I have a couple of friends whose spouses flipped the crazy switch a couple of years in.

People change.

I don't really agree with that take. I've been in relationships where people change, keyword being relationships. IMO, this comes down to people shooting from the hip too soon to know what they're getting into, and not taking the process of marriage as seriously as it requires.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe, he figures depending on where he is, that saying anything else would mean the wife takes his kids (all of them), gets the house, the car, and half his retirement.
    And then he never sees any of his kids.

Depending on where he lives... the law can be pretty anti-male.
    Not only that, she calls CPS and claims his refusal to go along with it is child abuse. So then not only does the wife take all his ****, gets the kid, puts him on puberty blockers, then he goes to jail.

But even all that. He has to try to save his son.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obviously ClownWorld™ has come to flyover country. Just a few years ago a school district would have thought it was criminal for a male PE teacher to supervise a naked female student in the boys locker room. Now they want to force them to do it?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Obviously ClownWorld™ has come to flyover country. Just a few years ago a school district would have thought it was criminal for a male PE teacher to supervise a naked female student in the boys locker room. Now they want to force them to do it?
    Just a few years ago there wouldn't have been a naked female student in the boys' locker room.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Are the parents of the students up in arms over this? Any protests? Anybody go to the school board meeting? Does anyone involved really care?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are the parents of the students up in arms over this? Any protests? Anybody go to the school board meeting? Does anyone involved really care?
    Well, considering the article states that the school board kept the information from the boy's parents (you DID read the article, yes?), and the article is datelined 1110 today, don't you think it's a bit premature to attempt to denigrate the parents in this matter?

Even you could wait until tomorrow

IBJHPWS

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Perhaps the parents are gathering forces.

Years ago I saw a local preacher organize a group for a meeting that was staged by the county leadership to bring a horse track into Mt. Comfort Indiana. When the meeting started there was a standing room only mob solidly against the track. No violence but the crowd was very large and unhappy, local leadership lost control of the meeting and developer was scared so badly he never came back. You could see the fear in his eyes even though I'm sure he was in no danger.

Top Bottom