• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly my point. I prefer truth.

There's nothing special about people who homeschool. Humans are humans.
    Truth was addressed in the point. Homeschoolers tend not to be ClownWorld™ participants. That's true. ClownWorld™ people hate homeschoolers because they think woke pedagogy must be taught to all children.

You can use that article to say that homeschooling is not all roses. That's fair. People abuse any system. But it seems obvious to me you're saying more than that given your other responses. You seem to be implying that Homeschoolers tend to be abusers. But it's an exception and not a rule. Homeschooling didn't cause those parents to be child abusers. They were already child abusers and tried to use homeschooling to hide it. My niece was sexually abused from age 8 for years by her step mother. She went to public school every day through high school until the mom was finally caught. Abusers don't need homeschooling as a shelter.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who would Jesus mock? Is that part of the homeschool curriculum, or an after-school club?

Maybe they should pray for those "other" kids instead.
    I mean what the **** does Jesus have to do with it? The point has nothing to do with religion other than, if you homeschool, you're likely not a member of ClownWorld™. But you have to drag Jesus into a discussion of not-Jesus. :rolleyes:

Did you know that there are actually people who have homeschooled their kids who are not religious? It's certainly nowhere near a majority. But plenty do.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Truth was addressed in the point. Homeschoolers tend not to be ClownWorld™ participants. That's true. ClownWorld™ people hate homeschoolers because they think woke petrology must be taught to all children.

You can use that article to say that homeschooling is not all roses. That's fair. People abuse any system. But it seems obvious to me you're saying more than that given your other responses. You seem to be implying that Homeschoolers tend to be abusers. But it's an exception and not a rule. Homeschooling didn't cause those parents to be child abusers. They were already child abusers and tried to use homeschooling to hide it. My niece was sexually abused from age 8 for years by her step mother. She went to public school every day through high school until the mom was finally caught. Abusers don't need homeschooling as a shelter.
    Thanks for telling me what I am thinking, but you are off the mark. I am simply saying that holier-than-thou homeschoolers need to include a little humility in their lesson plans. "My kids mock other kids" is not the flex one might think it is.

And I'm not saying that homeschoolers tend to be abusers, that came from your mind. I am saying that homeschoolers are not somehow exempt from the human condition, no matter how much they may imagine that they are.

You are right that abusers don't need homeschooling as a shelter. But it sure as hell makes a good one if you don't want anyone knowing what's going on with little Johnny. Hard to notice and report child abuse when it's all behind closed doors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The "norm" is that 30-40% of victims of child abuse are abused by a family member.

To infer that homeschooling negates this statistic is disingenuous.

No one said that. It's a disingenuous mischaracterization of what I said. What I've said, a child abusing parent might choose homeschooling to hide their abuse. But the homeschooling is not the cause of abuse. They were already child abusers, and some of those abusers use homeschooling as a shelter, and some send their kids to public school anyway, and just threaten them if they tell anyone. Trying to pin it on homeschooling and not abusive family members is disingenuous. Maybe INGO should have a thread for religion bashing, but this isn't it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I mean what the **** does Jesus have to do with it? The point has nothing to do with religion other than, if you homeschool, you're likely not a member of ClownWorld™. But you have to drag Jesus into a discussion of not-Jesus. :rolleyes:

Did you know that there are actually people who have homeschooled their kids who are not religious? It's certainly nowhere near a majority. But plenty do.
    I wasn't talking to you with that post. Believe it or not, you are not the main character in every thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No one said that. It's a disingenuous mischaracterization of what I said. What I've said, a child abusing parent might choose homeschooling to hide their abuse. But the homeschooling is not the cause of abuse. They were already child abusers, and some of those abusers use homeschooling as a shelter, and some send their kids to public school anyway, and just threaten them if they tell anyone. Trying to pin it on homeschooling and not abusive family members is disingenuous. Maybe INGO should have a thread for religion bashing, but this isn't it.

That's his schtick. You havent noticed that yet? LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Schtick, eh? Care to explain why you teach your kids to mock? Can I find the answer on thechosen.tv?

Maybe I'm not the one with the "schtick."
    Im not perfect. Never said I was. Please show me where I said I was so I can correct the record. Hell, I'm only a mediocre Christian if you really must know. But that just means I have room to grow.

Sorry you are so offended/triggered by those who believe and feel the need to constantly point out the speck in our eyes. Sorry we cant all be the perfect Christians you expect us to be. :rolleyes:

But to answer your question, watching that show isnt a bad idea. It is actually quite entertaining. Who knows you might learn something. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks for telling me what I am thinking, but you are off the mark. I am simply saying that holier-than-thou homeschoolers need to include a little humility in their lesson plans. "My kids mock other kids" is not the flex one might think it is.

Holier than thou? You made it into that, dude. I hope all sane people mock the Clowns from ClownWorld™. Mocking is a form of social norming. They should be mocked. I fully support it. But, I think it's the teachers who should be mocked. Those kids, especially the ones being groomed, should be pushed towards sanity by the non-woke kids, but not bullied. Bullying those kids will only push them more towards ClownWorld™. I look at them more as victims.

And I'm not saying that homeschoolers tend to be abusers, that came from your mind. I am saying that homeschoolers are not somehow exempt from the human condition, no matter how much they may imagine that they are.
    Well your Jesus **** put that in my mind. You inferred things not implied. The only thing you should have read into my statement about homeschoolers, was that they tend not to be woke. And that is almost universally true because of a completely different worldview on the utility of public schools. I never said there was no drawbacks to homeschooling.

I think you've displayed your imagination that they think they are exempt from the human condition. That link you posted was from a homeschooling organization for **** sake! The THEY you think are holier than thou are calling it out!

You are right that abusers don't need homeschooling as a shelter. But it sure as hell makes a good one if you don't want anyone knowing what's going on with little Johnny. Hard to notice and report child abuse when it's all behind closed doors.
    That doesn't make homeschooling part of the problem and it does not support the point you're trying to make.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's his schtick. You havent noticed that yet? LOL

Sometimes. He does have a burr up his ass about the Jesus people. It seems he thinks homeschooling == Jesus people == auto-self-righteousness, so anyone who says something good about homeschooling must be self-righteous. But I mean. We're all a little self-righteous. I think R45 is being a bit self-righteous in calling out a point that doesn't belong in this discussion. A chance to get in some insults in the process.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Schtick, eh? Care to explain why you teach your kids to mock? Can I find the answer on thechosen.tv?

Maybe I'm not the one with the "schtick."
    Okay. Do I want to know what thechosen.tv is? I am not inclined to chase that link. I mean it sounds like one of those rapture things.

And again, mocking evolved as a behavior for a reason. Conformity to social norms stabilizes a society. Mocking and shunning tend to help enforce that. If we had done that before this nonsense caught hold, we might not be in this mess. But, boomer moms taught their sons not to mock people and here we are.

We can override our inherited behaviors, but who knows what the hell that'll do in the long run. Or maybe we can put them to use to help cure society of ClownWorld™. I'm okay with that as a tactic, but let's not get so carried away that it turns into bully the victims of groomers. It'll probably just chase them into the groomers' crotches. Deprogrammed is what they need.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wasn't talking to you with that post. Believe it or not, you are not the main character in every thread.
    Then why did you quote my post? You brought me into this part of the discussion. If I wasn't a part of it, you didn't have to quote me, and then say what you said.

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    Sometimes. He does have a burr up his ass about the Jesus people. It seems he thinks homeschooling == Jesus people == auto-self-righteousness, so anyone who says something good about homeschooling must be self-righteous. But I mean. We're all a little self-righteous. I think R45 is being a bit self-righteous in calling out a point that doesn't belong in this discussion. A chance to get in some insults in the process.
    We all know government schools have become a cesspit of neo-Marxist propaganda. People who have buy the latest new truck and boat are often those who say it's impossible to not send their kids to government schools. They can not give up their lifestyle of material possessions to get their kids/grand-kids out of the government indoctrination centers, instead they rely on the government to because it's easier. Maybe mom needs to stay home. Maybe you have to pay out of pocket for a good God fearing private school. It requires some sacrifice, but they are unwilling.

They will lash out at those who remind them of their shortcomings in educating their kids.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay. Do I want to know what thechosen.tv is? I am not inclined to chase that link. I mean it sounds like one of those rapture things.
    It’s not a “rapture” show. I’ve found the series to be quite entertaining. It more or less follows Jesus as he calls his apostles and starts his ministry.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh. Yeah, okay. Just a gospel story then.
    More so than your typical fare. They add backstory to the biblical characters’ stories you read about in the Bible. It’s not simply a rereading of the New Testament Gospels. This aspect has resulted in some criticisms of the series. But if you consume it as entertainment rather than theology it’s good. It’s not the cringy stuff Christian media usually produces.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    More so than your typical fare. They add backstory to the biblical characters’ stories you read about in the Bible. It’s not simply a rereading of the New Testament Gospels. This aspect has resulted in some criticisms of the series. But if you consume it as entertainment rather than theology it’s good. It’s not the cringy stuff Christian media usually produces.
    It is VERY entertaining. Not cheesy at all. Its basically reality* based fiction. Nobody knows exactly what happened back then day by day. The writers added backstories to the apostles and those Jesus interacted with. There will be 7 seasons when it is all done. While it has a lot of "blasphemous" fluff, the overall storylines stay true to the gospels of Jesus and his miracles.

Oh, and it is the largest crowdfunded TV series of all time. Its not funded by Hollywood or any studios. Its all through "gift" sales, DVD sales, and pay it forward donations given by fans that enjoy the content. Oh, and a couple hundred/thousand super donors that believe enough in it to pony up large donations. (sometimes in exchange for being able to participate as extras) Like for instance the story of the feeding of the 5000 did not involve any camera trickery. They literally had 5,000-ish superfan donors in the field as extras.

The director (and one of the writers) is Dallas Jenkins, son of the author of the Left Behind books Jerry Jenkins.

And it is free to watch on their app. You can stream it on your device and cast it to your TV, or use their Roku app. I think they have an app for the firesticks as well.

I recommend starting with Season 2 episode 1 if you want to check it out. Season 1 starts VERY dark and builds very slowly. You dont really get into a rhythm until like episode 4. But S2E1 is in full stride and it all makes sense on its own without having to know characters or setup. Its a great representation of what the series is like. If you dont like that episode, dont watch any more. It wont get any better for you. But if you enjoy it, go back and watch from the beginning.

*Disclaimer added for the resident atheists :laugh:

There are also trailers on youtube of course.

/soapbox

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Is paulf back?

Top Bottom